• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tvindy said:

lol Okay, but if cents are being counted, then $10,000.01 would be seven figures. And gas prices, such as $259.379 per gallon, would be six figures!

you could say that but it wouldn't make much cents lol I was dying to reply with that so forgive me but think about it

If it is $10,000.00, you don't say 10 thousand dollars and point zero zero cents. The cents is nothing not only a zero, so you don't mention it at all.

Same as $10,000.01, you don't say 10 thousand dollars and point zero one cents.....

You know this, but may have forgot that you know this, that's the reason for my ribbing :x 

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

I revise my "over five figures" to simply "five figures". Hopefully that clears up all the confusion my literally interpreted post has caused. 

and my apologies for getting sidetracked, I've had those days too so I can relate :foryou: @tvindy

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

you could say that but it wouldn't make much cents lol I was dying to reply with that so forgive me but think about it

If it is $10,000.00, you don't say 10 thousand dollars and point zero zero cents. The cents is nothing not only a zero, so you don't mention it at all.

Same as $10,000.01, you don't say 10 thousand dollars and point zero one cents.....

You know this, but may have forgot that you know this, that's the reason for my ribbing :x 

I understand and agree with your words, but you seem to be implying that $10,000.01 is over five figures, while at the same time arguing (correctly that cents don't matter). Since most of this seems to be tongue-in-cheek, I think I'm probably just missing a joke. :)

My main concern was just making sure that a TMNT #1 hadn't sold for $100,000, as that would have blown my mind. :ohnoez:

6 minutes ago, tvindy said:

I understand and agree with your words, but you seem to be implying that $10,000.01 is over five figures, while at the same time arguing (correctly that cents don't matter). Since most of this seems to be tongue-in-cheek, I think I'm probably just missing a joke. :)

My main concern was just making sure that a TMNT #1 hadn't sold for $100,000, as that would have blown my mind. :ohnoez:

Yes my apologies I just meant that as it's common nomenclature, that surely you knew that over five figures means 10,000 or more... 

A five figure salary is between $10,000 and $99,999 per year. A six figure salary is between $100,000 and $999,999 per year. A seven figure salary is over a million dollars a year, and under ten million.
Quora › What-does-it-mean-when
A five figure salary is between $10,000 and $99,999 per year. A six figure salary is between $100,000 and $999,999 per year. A seven figure salary is over a million dollars a year, and under ten million.
Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, tvindy said:

No need for anyone to apologize. It's all good. Like I said, I just wanted to be 100% certain no $100,000+ sale had taken place. xD

Yes he was just trying to not be specific with price. If it had reached 100,000 it would have been a six figures number

So all we know it's between 10,000 and 99,000 which wouldn't be to far off from your question anyway ha! :foryou:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just meant that as it's common nomenclature, that surely you knew that over five figures means 10,000 or more

I'd always assumed that "over five figures" means "at least six figures," since $99,999 still contains only five figures. But with two people telling me different, I may very well be wrong. No worries, though. :)

Y'all are hilarious - settle down on the semantics (When I originally posted I said 'it was five figures'). After it was all said and done, my 5.0 sold for just over $10,000. That's all I will say. I do however think the price on the 6.5 was fair, as the gap between lower grades isn't much, and I had dozens of people inquiring about it and tossing back new numbers to me every week for literally months...until I finally broke. I personally think mine sold high...soooooo:

1247246.jpg.0b8b8d7b8ecb986ae4a97302ef5333cd.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

9 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Y'all are hilarious - settle down on the semantics. After it was all said and done, my 5.0 sold for just over $10,000. That's all I will say. I do however think the price on the 6.5 was fair, as the gap between lower grades isn't much, and I had dozens of people inquiring about it and tossing back new numbers to me every week for literally months...until I finally broke.

1247246.jpg.0b8b8d7b8ecb986ae4a97302ef5333cd.jpg

I hope it's like that for me when it comes time to sell my 9.6. $10,000 is a great price for a 5.0. :applause:(thumbsu

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if you have zero zero cents you have nothing .00

if you have point zero one cents you have something a penny .01

Actually, if you have point zero one cents, you have a hundredth of a penny. :baiting:

(Sorry, just noticed this and couldn't resist.) :signofftopic:

11 hours ago, Ryan. said:

The seller relisted, and then immediately pulled, the same book this morning for $11,500 so there MAY* be shenanigans going on. 

It would appear that when it comes to TMNT 1 and possible shenanigans, there sure seems to be an awful lot of smoke.  hm

And like the old saying goes.........where there's smoke, there's fire.  :devil:

So, best not to get yourself burned while playing the game.  :flamed:

There are so few sales for TMNT #1 first printing, every sale of TMNT #1 first printing is becoming its own event.  There are always possible shenanigans, but there are only a few legitimate ways to obtain a slabbed TMNT #1 first printing and legit sales are legit even if a skeptical audience gasps at the end price.