• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2020 at 10:45 PM, dem1138 said:

I had encouranged the person to buy it since if the D&A 8.5 was 20(ish) then a 9.4 at 30 seemed like a deal.  Clearly someone else thought the same thing given how quickly it apparently sold.  

When a public copy of 9.4 sells anywhere close to $30K, instead of being seen as the 2nd sale at that price, it will be "highly suspicious" since the highest price ever for a CGC 9.4 on GPA is $17,250 and the 2nd highest is $13,000.  Who's going to believe that a single 9.4 sold for the price of the two highest recorded sales combined?

On 9/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, valiantman said:

I don't think the market is ready for $65K on a 9.6, and there's no "Best Offer" option on this one to offer half and see if the seller was really only looking for $32.5K.

Yep, the seller took down the auction. We still don't know the going rate for a 9.6, but at least now we know for sure that it's less than 65k. Of course, who knows what it might have sold for on Clink or Heritage, where you don't have to face the risks of eBay?

Edit: Looks like the seller relisted it.

Edited by tvindy

Second prints are still very nice items.    Still early, still very low print run (6000 iirc?) and the first prints are getting out of reach for a lot of people.

Thirds have always been much more available (35,000 iirc).    Okay to scratch the itch but pretty clear demarcations between 1st/2nd/3rd, at least to me.   Not sure where the market on thirds is.

Edited by Bronty

22 hours ago, Bronty said:

Second prints are still very nice items.    Still early, still very low print run (6000 iirc?) and the first prints are getting out of reach for a lot of people.

Thirds have always been much more available (35,000 iirc).    Okay to scratch the itch but pretty clear demarcations between 1st/2nd/3rd, at least to me.   Not sure where the market on thirds is.

That really is it, as even 2nd prints are out of reach for anyone not wanting to spend over a grand on a book. 3rds I keep selling for $300-$600 raw mid grade easily, and seems to be the go-to for those who just want ANY copy of #1 for their collection (I know I've settled on having this one as my copy now as well as the 5th, might buy one more 3rd if it comes up though so I can get one signed/graded). I think 3rd prints will continue to be available and always picked up without much drop (or gain...just a very safe collectible for what you pay for it)

Just saw this #2 1st print in the ebay sold list for $10K O.o.  I know how these things can be manipulated, but if there's another sale that confirms this new price point then holy cowabunga.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2-Mirage-1984-1st-Printing-OW-W-Pages/333743555587?hash=item4db4aa8403:g:QD4AAOSwHfdfWF73

3 hours ago, GM8 said:

Just saw this #2 1st print in the ebay sold list for $10K O.o.  I know how these things can be manipulated, but if there's another sale that confirms this new price point then holy cowabunga.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2-Mirage-1984-1st-Printing-OW-W-Pages/333743555587?hash=item4db4aa8403:g:QD4AAOSwHfdfWF73

Ugh.

Really kicking myself... #2 1st was the last issue I really needed back when it was constantly $500-$600... I just kept thinking I'd pick it up whenever since it was so readily available. Oops.

46 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

Ugh.

Really kicking myself... #2 1st was the last issue I really needed back when it was constantly $500-$600... I just kept thinking I'd pick it up whenever since it was so readily available. Oops.

I have had many a day that I wake up to that realization!

10 hours ago, GM8 said:

Looks that it got relisted

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Looks that it got relisted

Yes that's correct. The seller said someone named "smokin_reef" bought the book but had no intention to pay, and then proceeded to get nasty with the seller. Complete BS sale, never happened. Add him to the list!