• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

If we went by the standard fees at Heritage, Steve receiving $18K "net cash" would be the equivalent of Heritage $25.4K with BP.

hm 

Let's say Steve is comparing his $18K from the Facebook sale to what he would have needed to receive $18K from Heritage.

Heritage has a 15% seller commission and a 20% buyer's premium.

So, if Steve had sold his CGC 9.0 TMNT #1 through Heritage for $21,176 plus the 20% BP the total would have been $25.4K.

Steve would receive 85% of the $21,176 bid, which is $18K.

Should Steve settle for $18K on Facebook, or sell through Heritage and hope the final price with BP is above $25.4K so that he gets more than $18K?

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Let's say Steve is comparing his $18K from the Facebook sale to what he would have needed to receive $18K from Heritage.

Heritage has a 15% seller commission and a 20% buyer's premium.

So, if Steve had sold his CGC 9.0 TMNT #1 through Heritage for $21,176 plus the 20% BP the total would have been $25.4K.

Steve would receive 85% of the $21,176 bid, which is $18K.

Should Steve settle for $18K on Facebook, or sell through Heritage and hope the final price with BP is above $25.4K so that he gets more than $18K?

I understood you the first time lol

It just depends on what hammer price he wants the "bragging" rights to haha

2 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

Yea if the sale is completed the buyer did really well, I am not familiar with the FB page but IMHO it's not the place to sell such a high ticket item.

Ive done several major sales with Steve and Dee just over text. They’ve never had an issue getting top dollar for items they’re looking to sell. Also, it’s not Steve’s book. A former mirage employee had six #1 first prints and has asked Dee to sell them on their behalf. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, tvindy said:

GoCollect lists a 7.0 as selling for $7000. So that's more than twice as much. I wonder if all their TMNT listings are off by that much. Hmmm. If a 9.6 is listed on GoCollect for $26,000, does that mean a copy would actually sell for over $50,000? It's nice to think it would. hm 

GoCollect recently bumped up their price estimates for TMNT. A 7.0 is now $8500 (from $7000), and a 9.6 is now $38,000 (from $26,000). 

18 hours ago, tvindy said:

GoCollect recently bumped up their price estimates for TMNT. A 7.0 is now $8500 (from $7000), and a 9.6 is now $38,000 (from $26,000). 

Since there are no public sales of 9.6's, I wonder if it is based on the 9.8's price at rally road. The ratio of roughly 2 to 1 from 9.6 to 9.8 is what I've discerned from pricing up until recently.

2 hours ago, GM8 said:

Since there are no public sales of 9.6's, I wonder if it is based on the 9.8's price at rally road. The ratio of roughly 2 to 1 from 9.6 to 9.8 is what I've discerned from pricing up until recently.

I know they have a formula for automatically calculating values based on available data. If they have no data for a particular grade, they extrapolate from sales in other grades. afaik they don't use Rally Road.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone else think of a book that has a similar value range as TMNT1 first print? Seems like its almost in a category of its own...FF5 is the closest I can come, but that comparison goes off the rails at 8.0 and above (FF5 is $26.5k based on GoCollect, TMNT is about 18k). My thought is thats  where TMNT 1 is heading eventually. 

4 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Bought off the newsstands in 1985... safely stored for 35 years... now off to CGC to get signed and sketched! 

5ECA71F8-B9DE-412F-B388-8618E831E3CE.jpeg

Your going to beat me to sending off issues, but mine is not as nice as yours WOOHOO! ^^

Got to love that flat fee cgc has for the in house signing so you dont have to pay up for the tier for insurance!! 

Hot Darn!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM