• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2021 at 10:45 AM, TMNT said:

Wow... I mean, I can get the run up in issues 1 and 2, especially considering the print run. But this book, just like issues 4,5 were up to 60K print run already. So supply is definitely not an issue. Is the demand for Caseys first appeance REALLY that much higher than say April's first appearance in #2? Raphael is a classic cover but the cover to #4 (which came out as roughly same time) in particular is no slouch either. In ranking by 9.8 values, seems that this book is basically just behind issue 1st print and around 2nd print, then ahead of everything else (issues 2 and so on) 

Personally speaking the Raphael cover is one of the coolest. That back cover is so badasss. I could be bias, as some of you know Casey has always been my fave. So that cover is so perfect to me. 
But I’m a huge fan of April (🥰) and you have to have #2 if collecting....especially before a spinoff. So I am blown away that Raph/Casey REALLY surpass #2 being well, #2 in the series and April (mousers & Baxter too lol)

Edited by Icculus308win

Question for the group - how valuable/desirable at the TMNT Ultimate Collection Slipcased collections that IDW published a few years back?  I think only 25 were made of the 1st collection (volumes 1-3) and a similar amount of the 2nd collection (volumes 4-6)?  Do Turtles collectors care?  

8 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

Question for the group - how valuable/desirable at the TMNT Ultimate Collection Slipcased collections that IDW published a few years back?  I think only 25 were made of the 1st collection (volumes 1-3) and a similar amount of the 2nd collection (volumes 4-6)?  Do Turtles collectors care?  

Follow-up... should that collected edition from Mirage in, like, 2009 (?) still commanding silly prices?

1-NM (1).jpg

Edited by Schmakt

On 1/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, TMNT said:

Wow... I mean, I can get the run up in issues 1 and 2, especially considering the print run. But this book, just like issues 4,5 were up to 60K print run already. So supply is definitely not an issue.

60K really isn't that high a print run for comics. In fact it's pretty small. All it takes is for a little bit of demand to make those copies disappear fast.

Edited by Jeffro.

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

You going to sell it? It would be fun to watch! :popcorn:

Naw. I have tmnt 1 2nd,3rd, 4th, 5th, FCBD and color special all signed along with tmnt adventures and Archie as well. (And 2nd, 3rd and 4th issues, o and Raph 1). The only one I don’t have signed is my first print. Not gonna break up that collection.

If you want to speculate buy these in 9.8s if you can find them . Stellar covers and tough in grade . Both well over 1K US currently and imo should be over 2 due to their rarity. The error version I don’t even know how to price ...

3EA0EAF6-5D2C-496E-8DD5-215830C7D76E.png

E2EF0379-DED0-45A8-AE2F-D453AC8791D8.png

0ACC7C9D-E1BA-4A48-8BFA-4F60E4B12C95.png

Edited by Subby1938