• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,211 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, Subby1938 said:

Just posted a want ad guys but I’m looking for these issues from original mirage run in cgc 9.8 blue labels . Any direction or help will be appreciated 

issues 11,13,14,15,16

You wouldn't want any of my books. I'm just a  humble pauper compared to the rest of the guys here.😩

Hello!  First time poster on here.  I inherited my Dad's collection and am reselling most of it with Comic Connect.  My Dad used to go to comic book conventions and shows and was friends with Eastman and Laird in the 80's.  He used to see them at the shows and they'd always chat at each other's tables.  Dad had all signed first print comics from them, #1-10, many in multiples.  I grew up with these stories (I was born in 84), but hadn't gone through his comics with him in 30 years+.  Growing up and loving TMNT, It was so cool to go through his collection and see everything he had.  And I'm just realizing that the value of these comics is a bit crazy.  The TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 is up to $14,600 now!  I can't believe how much these are worth.

I'm pretty new to all of this.  One quick question if anyone can assist.  What is the Variant Cover story with #3?  It says "Laird's Photo" in white on cover.  I can't see the difference between the regular and variant.  And it's hard to figure out what it's really worth.  Here's the action.  Any idea what this is worth as a CGC 9.4 variant cover #3? 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, DPV said:

Hello!  First time poster on here.  I inherited my Dad's collection and am reselling most of it with Comic Connect.  My Dad used to go to comic book conventions and shows and was friends with Eastman and Laird in the 80's.  He used to see them at the shows and they'd always chat at each other's tables.  Dad had all signed first print comics from them, #1-10, many in multiples.  I grew up with these stories (I was born in 84), but hadn't gone through his comics with him in 30 years+.  Growing up and loving TMNT, It was so cool to go through his collection and see everything he had.  And I'm just realizing that the value of these comics is a bit crazy.  The TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 is up to $14,600 now!  I can't believe how much these are worth.

I'm pretty new to all of this.  One quick question if anyone can assist.  What is the Variant Cover story with #3?  It says "Laird's Photo" in white on cover.  I can't see the difference between the regular and variant.  And it's hard to figure out what it's really worth.  Here's the action.  Any idea what this is worth as a CGC 9.4 variant cover #3? 

Thanks!

Quick follow up.  I googled and found this article which shows a great side by side and the story behind the variant.  And explains that the name comes from how the "Laird's Photo" sign is almost all white in the variant and all blue in the regular cover.  Pretty cool!  Still not sure what it's worth, but I guess I'll find out in a few days.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

I can’t believe I traded my 9.0 . At that time it was 5K. These comic prices are ridiculous . We are in another lockdown in Canada nobody is making money and I’m completely baffled at housing surges in price , comics , watches , people have gone mad!!!!!

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I think so, easily.

Next contender:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901543

Yes. The last 9.6 sold publicly for $33K on 6/26/2020 on ebay, although that is a decade ago in this market.

The real comparison is with the recent 9.4's which sold for $36K and $38.8K in February 2021. I'd even say 66K is slightly under what I would have guessed for the 9.6.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Also, what does this make midgrades like 5.0 and 6.0s?  

5.0 is 10k minimum. I sold mine for that early last year just as things started to get crazy and could have easily got more had I waited a month or so more. I would say 5.0 is anywhere from to $12k-15k now.

Edited by Sauce Dog

4 hours ago, ghn999 said:

How much do you think a tmnt 1st print 9.8 will go for? A 9.6 2nd print double cover went for 14k, I think

At auction on Heritage I think a 9.8 could go for $120K, assuming there aren't 3 on the market like there were when this 9.6 sold. It muddies the water and brings prices down because of the competition.