• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901554

#3 variant at $9284 on comic connect with 6 days to go.

This already surpasses the yellow label that sold on heritage last month. The blue labels with the sigs inside may be making a bold leap ahead of the SS labels here. The main difference being there is only one sig on the SS. What do you guys think? Or is it just timing? I can't believe two 9.8's have popped up for sale this year, these generally sell privately. Very cool to see :headbang:

2 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

#3 variant at $9284 on comic connect with 6 days to go.

Seems to me that this book is just ridiculously cool.  Only 500 of them, oversized, sold at a convention in the 1980s... unless the creators somehow held onto extras, the conditions on the surviving copies won't be 9.6+ very often. 

Less than 70 of them are on the CGC census above 9.2.  That's fewer than the number of TMNT #1 first prints at 9.6 or higher.

12 hours ago, valiantman said:

Seems to me that this book is just ridiculously cool. 

To top it off, the books that are signed inside were likely signed at the convention in NY on that day. I'm not sure if you can pinpoint those details to many other books. 

On 4/9/2021 at 1:03 AM, valiantman said:

Seems to me that this book is just ridiculously cool.  Only 500 of them, oversized, sold at a convention in the 1980s... unless the creators somehow held onto extras, the conditions on the surviving copies won't be 9.6+ very often. 

Less than 70 of them are on the CGC census above 9.2.  That's fewer than the number of TMNT #1 first prints at 9.6 or higher.

Looks like folks agree with you, it's a TMNT grail!  Up to $10,200 now, 2 days left.  in 10-20 years, it will be fun to see what these go for.  I'm going to keep my eye out for a lower grade copy.

Edited by DPV

5 hours ago, DPV said:

Looks like folks agree with you, it's a TMNT grail!  Up to $10,200 now, 2 days left.  in 10-20 years, it will be fun to see what these go for.  I'm going to keep my eye out for a lower grade copy.

$15,200 now, with a day and a half to go.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

$15,200 now, with a day and a half to go.

wow! almost double the yellow label from a couple weeks ago... I posit this one will go for around $20k (maybe more)

The #2 on CC is at $2020 which is ok but should jump before the end. I see this one at $4500 or more. Only one copy has sold (at least in GPA) since December. The 9.6's are catching up but my copy on Ebay is collecting dust at the moment. Hopefully this auction will kickstart the #2's again.

The 9.6 at $38277 Should be in the $60k-$70k range when this is over. More would icing on the cake...

5 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

wow! almost double the yellow label from a couple weeks ago... I posit this one will go for around $20k (maybe more)

The #2 on CC is at $2020 which is ok but should jump before the end. I see this one at $4500 or more. Only one copy has sold (at least in GPA) since December. The 9.6's are catching up but my copy on Ebay is collecting dust at the moment. Hopefully this auction will kickstart the #2's again.

The 9.6 at $38277 Should be in the $60k-$70k range when this is over. More would icing on the cake...

Wow, you called it!  It's at $20,500 now!  This is fun to watch! 

14 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

I have a few stories like that doh!

I keep track of all my sales records so I can go back and face palm. lol I've owned 3 copies of the #3 variant.. but they're all gone. :facepalm:  A couple of other regrets include selling Albedo 2 for $600 in 2003 and an MOC Scratch for $250 in 2008. I do still have a 1st printing of #1, so I can't be too sad.