• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Label
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I am new to the grading process. I bought an Amazing Spiderman 300 with the Green Label from ebay not knowing what it meant. I see that you can send books into CGC to have them signed. If they ever do one with McFarlane can I send it in, have him confirm that he did sign it and have it regraded to the Blue Label? Has that ever been done? Or should I send it to CBCS to have the signature verified? Or just leave it alone? I also have a Bone #1 First Printing signed by Jeff Smith which is ungraded. Any recommendations on that?

2 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

I am new to the grading process. I bought an Amazing Spiderman 300 with the Green Label from ebay not knowing what it meant. I see that you can send books into CGC to have them signed. If they ever do one with McFarlane can I send it in, have him confirm that he did sign it and have it regraded to the Blue Label? Has that ever been done? Or should I send it to CBCS to have the signature verified? Or just leave it alone? I also have a Bone #1 First Printing signed by Jeff Smith which is ungraded. Any recommendations on that?

There's already tons of information on this site and elsewhere about this and i'd recommend searching next time.

Even if adding a McFarlane signature witnessed by CGC, the label will be green AND yellow.  CGC will only give out yellow labels when every signature on the book is witnessed.  If one is not witnessed but another is then the label will be both green and yellow.

The other company you mention does verified signatures.  None of us can tell you what to do with your books.  Figure out what you like more and think about if you'd rather them be raw or graded.  Nothing wrong with throwing a signed book in a top loader with a mylar bag and board.

3 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

Bone #1 is one of the few books where a Green label is not the "Green Label of Death." It is widely known that JS signed many many copies of Bone #1. The Green label won't do as well as a Yellow Label of the same grade, but the certification of the grade seems to bolster prices a little bit if the Buyer is confident in the authenticity of the signature.

the advice from the previous post is good.

In  most cases financially, these two comics will not benefit from any more interaction with CGC, but there maybe some very small and unlikely exceptions for specific case, or perhaps you have your own subjective personal goals that are not financially driven.

either way, it seems like you would benefit from more research about Cgc and or Cgc SS 

good luck

19 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Bone #1 is one of the few books where a Green label is not the "Green Label of Death." It is widely known that JS signed many many copies of Bone #1. The Green label won't do as well as a Yellow Label of the same grade, but the certification of the grade seems to bolster prices a little bit if the Buyer is confident in the authenticity of the signature.

I second everything above. The print run was 3,000 and it sometimes seems like he signed about a quarter of them lol

I would get the ASM 300 resigned by McFarlane.  You’d get the yellow label with green trim.  Yellow label confirms the recent witnessed signature.  

There are not many yellow labels with green trim on the market.  While it’s clear they won’t fetch top dollar, I don’t think there is enough information out there to determine if our community would avoid them, altogether.

I’m starting to dip my toes into these waters, myself...

I would slap a green label on that Bone book.  At the very least, it will preserve the book.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, seanfingh said:

Yeah it seemed like in the 10 years between Bone #1 coming out and CGC starting to witness signatures that Jeff did most of his signing!