• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*CLOSED*b2 day auction Battle Cry 1 Shock SuspenStories 15 Jungle 37 Batman 72
3 3

68 posts in this topic

So last week’s auction went OK, a lot of jocularity and healthy banter, so I think I’ll try to continue these roughly 49 hour auctions starting Friday nights and ending Sunday nights. To keep things hopping each week, I’ll try to list interesting books from different genres: GGA, horror, suspense, sci-fi, Superhero, sometimes crime and war (sorry, I have no Westerns except those wanted for their GGA). Will try to list at least one book cool enough that several will fight over it and increase the entertainment factor of the thread. I have a few of such, in each genre although mostly GGA and Sci-Fi. Will also limit items to about 4 so tracking of bids is not too difficult.

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking. If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping however you want it shipped. Default shipping in US is USPS Priority mail Box. If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

This auction will end 10 PM Eastern time Sunday night and all bids must be in by 9:59:59 PM to be valid. If the time stamp on your bid says 10:00 PM or later you were too late. I will recap Monday AM (won't be online Sunday night). I will set a BIN of $1000 for each book to conform with what I believe are the rules. Nothing implied re: comic value in the BIN, I’d just prefer this to be an auction.

There are 4 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread. 

Books with scans to follow:

Battle Cry #1 about 3.5.  Nice color, decent pages, major issue is the creasing and 2 tears on the lower right fc. I am not a war comics aficionado but this appears to be a highly sought after book. Cover pretty wicked with the flamethrower and the Soviet hammer and sickle.  A raw 1.8 sold for $456 on a mycomicshop.com auction last year, and slabbed prices are in same ball park.

Jungle 37 4.0-4.5  Spine roll, reasonable tight at staples although a split around top staple, tanning inside back cover, some indents and creases front and back you should be able to see in scan. Supple, pages decent.

Shock SuspenStories 15 about 3.5  Lower and upper spine splits that don’t run to staples, book on staples fairly well, chipping back cover edge, ring impression around “O” in Shock; some creases, indents you should be able to see in scan, consistent with grade.

Batman 72 at least a 4.5, some creasing and stress marks consistent with grade.

Edited by whomerjay
JUNGLE!