• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman
2 2

58 posts in this topic

I was not big on the Black Panther movie but his part was well done.  Civil War he really sparked up that film.

I didn't want to believe that it was true. I checked multiple sites to make sure that it wasn't a hoax.

Chadwick Boseman will be remembered as a great actor who played a great character and then went on to exemplify the traits of that character in his real life. He will also  join Heath Ledger as an actor who truly set an image of his most beloved character in stone and then left us wondering what more they could have done.

This year that has taken so much from us has shown us that it can still steal so much more. Your loss will be felt for quite some time, Chadwick.

What a gut punch. Terribly sad. You know, I'm 43, not in great shape, and definitely don't have the resources he would have had. Very sobering to realize just how quickly a strong, healthy, secure person can be taken down by cancer at such a relatively young age. Really knocked the wind out me.

He was really terrific as T'Challa, but I think my favorite performance was in Get On Up, the James Brown biopic. It's an ok movie, but he is phenomenal in it, and elevates the film through his talent and sheer willpower. 42 is another that fits the basic biopic mold, but is made better by his presence. He was a very versatile actor. 

Even in spite of his success, it really felt like his career was just beginning. He meant so much to so many. I was expecting many great things from him. What a terrible, terrible loss in a year filled with them. R.I.P.