• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Share The Bruce Timm Art From Your Personal Collection!
3 3

143 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, Catwoman_Fan said:

There's a color Harley Quinn ending on Heritage soon.  The Black Canary sold through CAF recently, was also very nice. 

I prefer his earlier color pieces, even though they had little to no background.

Do you have an image or link of the sold Black Canary piece?

Probably top on my list would be a Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in those moving poses like the opening of Justice League Unlimited.

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

I paid Albert $350 for that 8.5” x 11” color commission from Bruce that year. Sounds like a steal now. 

No. That was a LOT of money in 96/97. Example: Conrad had one of Cockrum's Nightcrawler LS cover for $300 (#2 or #3, or 350? but less than 400 anyway). Other examples: I was buying Kirby Cap title splashes for $1,000, I bought a beautiful Kirby Shores TOS 99 four panel page, Cap and Black Panther, from Mitch for 400 (or was it 600? whatevs), Gil Kane 2x TOS Cap/Red Skull pages, picked up many multiples of Cockum 2nd run X-Men and Zeck Cap and Secret Wars and Paul Smith X-Men panel pages (good ones, costumes/action) for 200/ea and often much less. And then of course Byrne  WW and Lightle Flash covers straight from Jim Warden for 200 ea. Tons of Sinky Moon Knight pages, including covers and NM pages from Mitch 250/less. That was 96/97 landscape, in part.

14 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Do you have an image or link of the sold Black Canary piece?

Probably top on my list would be a Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in those moving poses like the opening of Justice League Unlimited.

I believe this was the black canary in question. Looks like it’s still available too.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=66458

I’m in the market for a piece of that caliber myself but with a different character. 

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

6 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

That is my point exactly. At that time it was insane money. By today’s standards for color Timm art $300 sounds like a steal. But what I could have bought for the same money drives home how crazy that price was.

You and I know this but I thought some additional mainstream examples of the era might be instructive for the broader audience than just we Jeffrey Jones fans :)

On 11/27/2020 at 2:00 PM, フロスティ said:

Harley & Ivy 2 Page 12 (2005) by Bruce Timm & Shane Glines

One of the very few enlarged (11x17) pages inked for the mini. Glines mentioned that Timm inked some of the backgrounds. I wish I could get the matching 8.5x11 blue-pencilled original but the owner isn't willing to let it go...yet.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1352477 image.thumb.jpeg.f048f020755cab1c685569d9e913f01b.jpeg

I'm a relatively late convert, but hot damn.

This may be a little uncouth (but since I started the thread, what the heck!) does anyone have any BT art for sale? If so, please feel free to message me.

I'm also curious how some of you obtained some of the more recent stuff you've added to your collection (outside of Albert) especially the full figure black and whites and colors.

Thanks!