• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #2
2 2

26 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

I see a spine with some issues, very few color breaks, fairly good corners , good white pages.  a small tear on the back cover with small staining. I see at least a 5.0. what is driving this down in so many opinions? 

You and I both! Unless I stuck the wrong set of eyes in my head this morning I see a 4.0 to 5.0, I'd go 4.0 = 40% chance, 4.5 = 50% chance with a 10% outside shot at 5.0 depending upon a fortuitous press outcome.

Worth noting is how scuff free the black areas of the cover are! Makes the eye-appeal pop. This book would sell for 5.0 money on ebay just as it is. 

Edited by James J Johnson

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

You and I both! Unless I stuck the wrong set of eyes in my head this morning I see a 4.0 to 5.0, I'd go 4.0 = 40% chance, 4.5 = 50% chance with a 10% outside shot at 5.0 depending upon a fortuitous press outcome.

Worth noting is how scuff free the black areas of the cover are! Makes the eye-appeal pop. This book would sell for 5.0 money on ebay just as it is. 

I must have been on the sauce when I graded this one. Upon revisiting this book, it’s still probably closer to a 4.0 than a 5.0. I think that 1inch plus lower spine split and the tear BC still brings it down. Spine is still pretty rough with decent corners. The FC appears to be pulling away from the top staple just a bit.The white pages along with a press will Improve the grade. Great book either way and I hope if you do submit the book that you’ll share the grade with us.

Thanks for all the coments.   You guys are awesome.  Pulling out the book in better light (for the first time a few months), I thought I could provide more accurate front picture and provide a spine shot.  I used old pictures originally that I now realize (upon looking at the book) are not as sharp and true to color as they could be.  Sorry about that.  

I am wondering if these new shots affect your overall assessment.     

Yes, if I submit this book I will update!  Anyway, here goes.

IMG_0563.thumb.jpg.6c76afebe906e48f8386bc1e8aa15dcb.jpg

IMG_0561.thumb.jpg.38547a9698920cf58b8ee3540f5ea854.jpg

Edited by Pantodude