• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading question: interior ad form filled out in pencil

6 posts in this topic

Hello CGC Forum,

This is my first post here, and though I'm not new to collecting, or comics in general, I am a comic creator and online retailer (small time...mainly on eBay), who has been doing research (reading the Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics...great resource, and various online sources) to up my grading game. This matter has probably been discussed before on this forum, but I was unable to find it, so sorry if I'm rehashing old posts, but if I have a comic from the 80s where someone filled out an interior ad form in pencil, how would that affect the grading? I find lots of mentions of receiving dates and pencil marks on the cover, but neither of those really apply to this situation. I am attaching front & back scans as well as the interior page of which I speak for reference. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Genevieve

UncannyX-Men149-a.jpg

UncannyX-Men149-b.jpg

UncannyX-Men149-c.jpg

On 8/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, Genevievery said:

Hello CGC Forum,

This is my first post here, and though I'm not new to collecting, or comics in general, I am a comic creator and online retailer (small time...mainly on eBay), who has been doing research (reading the Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics...great resource, and various online sources) to up my grading game. This matter has probably been discussed before on this forum, but I was unable to find it, so sorry if I'm rehashing old posts, but if I have a comic from the 80s where someone filled out an interior ad form in pencil, how would that affect the grading? I find lots of mentions of receiving dates and pencil marks on the cover, but neither of those really apply to this situation. I am attaching front & back scans as well as the interior page of which I speak for reference. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Genevieve

UncannyX-Men149-a.jpg

UncannyX-Men149-b.jpg

UncannyX-Men149-c.jpg

It would affect the book more if it was high grade. But since your book is not high grade, then it being filled out is practically inconsequential. No one will hold that against you on this 5$ book, but I would still point it out for any potential  buyer, just so they are not surprised by it