• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM NYX 3
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Happy to be a part of this community. I am about to send in one of my first submissions and would like to know what your thoughts are on my copy of NYX 3. 

Spoiler

Two marks on front cover that I was disheartened to find after buying from a local seller. Not sure how badly this will drop the grade. Is this printery damage?

Photos here.

8.5 Not sure what to make of the discolored areas from just the pics alone...does it seem like a printer issue?

I believe a press may improve the grade slightly

I plan to send it in for a press, but my main concern are the discolored spots that you mention. It looks like a production/printer issue to me, but comparing it to other copies of NYX, mine is the only one with this. The spots have no gloss when viewed in the light.

2 minutes ago, Shane Martin said:

I plan to send it in for a press, but my main concern are the discolored spots that you mention. It looks like a production/printer issue to me, but comparing it to other copies of NYX, mine is the only one with this. The spots have no gloss when viewed in the light.

They appear to be non-production defects and will impact the grade

40 minutes ago, Shane Martin said:

Very disappointing. Thanks for your input. Once pressed, would you say the grade ceiling is 8.5 with this type of defect?

I think without the "discoloration", the book presses structurally to a 9.0. I'm just not sure how the grader will determine the areas in question.

14 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

I think without the "discoloration", the book presses structurally to a 9.0. I'm just not sure how the grader will determine the areas in question.

100% agree. 

Without the discoloration, I think the max grade after a quality press is a 9.0.  That discoloration brings it to a 8.5 after press to me.