• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thundercats art ?

16 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

There is a seller on ebay that has sold and is selling Thundercats pages, from supposedly issue 9. I looked at my issue 9 and did not see them in the book. I do not have all the US issues and none from the UK. I let him know today that the pages are not in issue 9. He asked if I knew what issue they are from. I do not. Do any of you so I can let him know? 

t 2.jpg

T 1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Nice!   Always cool to see vintage Thundercats material.   Wish I could help but I can't place those offhand.

Offtopic, but perhaps you will enjoy seeing this.   

There were some really nice Thundercats paintings done by an illustrator I was friends with before he passed away (Greg Martin).     They are for the VHS releases circa 1985.

Here's "The Ghost Warrior" from my collection.

mxsSCjKh_2308161404251sbpi.jpg

Oh man, that is some vintage 80's goodness! So cool to see! Thanks for sharing. It took me back in time!

5 hours ago, Drewsky said:

Hello all, 

There is a seller on ebay that has sold and is selling Thundercats pages, from supposedly issue 9. I looked at my issue 9 and did not see them in the book. I do not have all the US issues and none from the UK. I let him know today that the pages are not in issue 9. He asked if I knew what issue they are from. I do not. Do any of you so I can let him know?

I did some searching. Both pages here are from issue 15.

5.jpg

15.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun

4 hours ago, Bronty said:

Welcome!  Glad you enjoyed .   I have a couple others somewhere I'll try dig up if people care to see them.

This is even more off-topic, but I'd love to see that Nintendo art you mentioned in the other topic.

yes, it works better vertically for sure.    Those were the first pieces I framed and these days I don't think I'd bother including the product, but it helps when its vertical, and it helps when the original is much larger than the product.    Otherwise the focus is in the wrong place.

Lovely pulp paintings.

Edited by Bronty

23 hours ago, Bronty said:

Oh sure.   Here’s two of the three from that initial buy.   These two were Super Nintendo covers.   The third is a NES cover.

20CAC1C7-0853-4D8A-8A86-7D0A7929247E.jpeg

A62F7FE2-F103-4678-9DFC-8EE0ECBB963E.jpeg

Those are great! It's nice to see a fellow video game enthusiast on the site as well. Duh, I should've been clued in sooner by your avatar. Haha.

10 hours ago, BuraddoRun said:

Those are great! It's nice to see a fellow video game enthusiast on the site as well. Duh, I should've been clued in sooner by your avatar. Haha.

Thanks!  Drop by the Facebook group if you like.   If you check the heritage auction there’s a bit of game work being sold there also atm.   Sessions 3 and 7. 

AB087983-70F9-4206-86B3-A7F99298E43D.png

Edited by Bronty