• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is CGC doing to deal with those pesky Newton Rings?
2 2

2 posts in this topic

I recently bought a couple slabs third hand that have pretty bad rings.  I'm going to send them in for reholders but what are the chances of this happening again and does CGC offer any kind of discount?  I get it, things happen, but other graders aren't facing this problem and for now I prefer to stay loyal to CGC.  I have 8 books with you now and another 34 on the way.  I really don't feel like dealing with these rings.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Chamberlin said:

I recently bought a couple slabs third hand that have pretty bad rings.  I'm going to send them in for reholders but what are the chances of this happening again and does CGC offer any kind of discount?  I get it, things happen, but other graders aren't facing this problem and for now I prefer to stay loyal to CGC.  I have 8 books with you now and another 34 on the way.  I really don't feel like dealing with these rings.

Hello,

Please provide images of the newton rings and certification numbers to our customer service team at the email below. In most cases, you will need to submit under the "Reholder" service and pay the applicable fees. In some cases, we will reholder the books free of charge if the newton rings are deemed to be overly excessive.

submissions@cgccomics.com