• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 on Ebay Legit?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

They never responded to your request?  With zero feedback and no response there would be no way I’d bid on it.  eBay would give you your money back if you didn’t get the comic right?  

The problem is they could send a pile of poop and if the tracking shows it was delivered, I would not trust Ebay to side with the buyer. 

10 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I agree, not worth the hassle. I mean they made the auction overall feel semi-legit, but the 0 feedback is a killer with a book like that of course! And I mean, if you don't get a reply with a BC photo, then it's a no brainer to me regardless.

Yeah, I cannot believe people bid on these auctions.

13 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

With the explanation that ‘Father bought as a kid in NY back in the day.’ but no word as to how it got signed or graded?  hm

Right? I'm always dubious of the "Oh, my dear old dad bought this in the glorious past" auctions for valuable books with insufficient feedback. But sure, let's pretend that's a true story. So... you then paid for a witnessed Stan Lee signature on dad's book in 2016, and are selling it now? And didn't mention any of that?

No, I wouldn't think this could be legitimate. I suspect it's a scam, and I'd bet the scammer doesn't even understand enough to know why a gold label makes this more suspicious, not less.

For the sake of argument, let's say it's legit. The book is real, the story is true, and Stan signed it.

I would still want more of everything: More pictures, more information, more assurance. Zero feedback translates to "my name is nobody." And as of this writing, they've been an eBay member for ONE DAY...   (shrug)

So I am wondering as this shows sold for $8.6K, does it show up in pricing tools like GPA, GoColllect and would show up as a sold item on Ebay when searching Ebay.  I did look on GPA and too early if the sale does show up but I believe George/GPA somehow screens these out.

And the seller, of course, never did respond to my request for a BC scan.

And to no surprise, Ebay never ended the auction.  I may have been the only to report it, though.  

Quite a deal compared to the May, 2020 for a Stan Lee SS 3.0 (recorded on GPA) which sold for $19.6K.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, GAMBIT said:

why are you even wasting your time.  def a scam

I was thinking the same thing.  Easy to tell its a scam from the price, zero feedback and the silly comments about it being his dads book.  Plus its easy to find this copy online with the cert number as someone already did.

1 hour ago, telerites said:

So I am wondering as this shows sold for $8.6K, does it show up in pricing tools like GPA, GoColllect and would show up as a sold item on Ebay when searching Ebay.  I did look on GPA and too early if the sale does show up but I believe George/GPA somehow screens these out.

That's a good question but I do know that GPA will typically try to verify it as a real sale by contacting the seller and checking to see if similar cert numbers recently sold.  I'm not so sure about Gocollect.