• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The “Official” Dealer Advice Thread

7 posts in this topic

Post your advice for sourcing product with an example or anecdotal story about a time when this paid off for you.

Example-“When engaged with someone that is selling I always mention the types of things I buy just in case they have more items that are either not advertised or are not visible and ask if they have any other items like that for sale.”

I once responded to a craigslist ad that listed an incomplete GI Joe A Real American Hero tank.  As a result of asking what else they had I was able to purchase a nearly complete USS Flagg.

Another time-I replied to a Facebook marketplace ad where the seller had a reprint of a comic listed for $500.  By asking what else they had I was able to purchase a forty long box collection.

Sourcing advice-maximize every interaction by asking “what else do you have?”

Honesty and authenticity. I feel like I can solicit good deals by reassuring that I'm not interested in haggling - or that I'm looking for personal collection and not to resell.

I paid, what I consider to be, a fair price for my TDKR run signed by Miller and Janson. Guy was asking a lot. I'm guessing that he didn't want them, but also didn't need to sell them.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Honesty and authenticity. I feel like I can solicit good deals by reassuring that I'm not interested in haggling - or that I'm looking for personal collection and not to resell.

I paid, what I consider to be, a fair price for my TDKR run signed by Miller and Janson. Guy was asking a lot. I'm guessing that he didn't want them, but also didn't need to sell them.

i need that TKR run, too

Edited by NoMan