• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OSPG 50th Edition hits the streets today!!!!
5 5

121 posts in this topic

I've always bought a copy every two years and this is the first year I've not done it.  The 2018 guide is sitting on my table and it has sat their since I flipped thru the market reports way back when it came out. 

I decided to skip it this year. The out-of-date market reports didn't really bother me before, and I liked reading them (even Doug's). But now, with Covid, it seems like the guide will be especially irrelevant this year.

Is there something really cool in this years' guide I'd be missing out on?

I buy a copy every year. Sometimes through Gem usually through Amazon. Most years I pre-purchase  & get it late June/early July. Still waiting for my copy to

ship since I checked last night though.:taptaptap: Would be nice since I paid for it a month ago.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

On 9/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, MisterX said:

I decided to skip it this year. The out-of-date market reports didn't really bother me before, and I liked reading them (even Doug's). But now, with Covid, it seems like the guide will be especially irrelevant this year.

Is there something really cool in this years' guide I'd be missing out on?

I don't really need a copy but it's the 50th edition, which makes it pretty remarkable for any publication.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I bought them and the quarterly for years. I know the guide is still used in many shops, but is it
still relevant? Are the articles inside still inciteful enough to justify the price?

This years’ Overstreet is particularly disappointing on a number of fronts:

-Overstreet prices are normally behind market trends, but even moreso this year

- no interview with Overstreet 

-Market reports ... page count trimmed down significantly, and those that were included are very generic and not very insightful

I could go on and on, but if you want to use this publication as a reference for 1st appearances, it’s still pretty good.  For all else...