• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Eternals 1
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Big corner crunch on the back lowers it down a bit and the corner shows damage on the front. The creases in that area could probably press out, but there is nothing to do about the corner itself. 

It's also got a lot of dirt and what looks like ink transfer from being up against another book. Removing some of that would help the grade.

Lots of spine stress lines showing front and back. Pressing it won't really help that.

It's probably a 6.5-7. It's not a bad presenting book overall.

18 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Agree with the general feedback. 

I'll go as far as to say 5.5 with the dirt / staining, but a press and dry clean could go a long way. 6.5 potential 

Does cleaning come along with the standard pressing technique?  If not, how is a comic "cleaned"?

1 hour ago, Phil Coulson said:

Does cleaning come along with the standard pressing technique?  If not, how is a comic "cleaned"?

They include a "dry clean" with a press. No chemicals. Basically they take an earser type thing and remove things like dirt and light pencil marks. 

Gentle is the key word. Don't expect it to look off the rack new.  It can be beneficial under the right criteria, but it's far from a cure all. 

I'm sure many boardies more experienced than I can detail the process better. 

Edited by KCOComics

11 hours ago, Phil Coulson said:

FYI, CGC doesn't do cleaning, but they will do pressing. You have to go to a third party for cleaning. As KCOComics indicated there are different techniques for cleaning a book and it's usually very methodical and tedious.