• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finch Uncanny X-Men cover sells for 38k
1 1

43 posts in this topic

The most insane price on a piece in the past year or so at least to me. You can get a lot of great art for that cash, and especially considering the period,(post-2000) that price can get you almost anything outside the absolute best of the best.

I will call it an outlier, but people are clearly finding less and less of an issue spending very big on newer art.

12 hours ago, rsonenthal said:

Nice Wonder Woman cover in the same auction went for under $5k, no?  It looks like two people wanted this one very badly.  I call outlier. 

Ron, did you take a close look at that cover?  Wonder Woman's legs are drawn entirely out of proportion and once you see the glaring mistake, you can't unsee it.  Hence, the ending price.

5 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

David Finch / Danny Miki Covers from the X-Men  Messiah Complex series were selling privately for around $20K.
I recall X-Men 494 selling for $12K or 15K  a  decade ago. Is quite a big jump. I personally had it peg for around $25K.

The cover is one of the better ones of the series. 

I have a a messiah complex cover/ anyone want to give me 25/30k lol

7CDCA660-601A-4698-B709-AD79FC1FFA42.jpeg

Lots and lots of lines? Check. Wolverine claws popped? Check. Legs ending into a pile of rubble/fog/water? Check. All female characters with bad posture to emphasize butt and waist? Check. Pouches?
Pouches.......................................    am I the only one noticing a distinct lack of pouches? Where do they keep their keys to the mansion and the blackbird? The team must have left them at home.

OR someone stole all the pouches in the mansion. Is this the issue about getting the pouches back?

Claws-out Wolverine and Emma's lack of feet and scoliosis are only good for so much. Without pouches though...  probably kept this one from breaking $50k.

Edited by ESeffinga

7 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Lots and lots of lines? Check. Wolverine claws popped? Check. Legs ending into a pile of rubble/fog/water? Check. All female characters with bad posture to emphasize butt and waist? Check. Pouches?
Pouches.......................................    am I the only one noticing a distinct lack of pouches? Where do they keep their keys to the mansion and the blackbird? The team must have left them at home.

OR someone stole all the pouches in the mansion. Is this the issue about getting the pouches back?

Claws-out Wolverine and Emma's lack of feet and scoliosis are only good for so much. Without pouches though...  probably kept this one from breaking $50k.

On the plus side, everyone is posed, standing still, and facing in different directions, like an album cover photograph.

'Xmen:   live at Budokan!'

Or given your observation maybe its more like an unplugged album?

'X:men:   Unpouched!'

Edited by Bronty