• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finch Uncanny X-Men cover sells for 38k
1 1

43 posts in this topic

there's so much extraneous...  stuff...  going on in that cover that it took me until now to notice that Angel's one wing is 8x the size of the other.    He must lean to one side when he flies.  :kidaround:

Edited by Bronty

I'm glad that we can poke a little fun when the work warrants it.   This sort of stuff is exactly what has always, from day one, turned me off of the x-men.   Ridiculous poses, angsty teenage drama, etc.   But, its popular so clearly lots of people enjoy it and more power to them because we all should and do like different things.   Just very much not for me without gagging.

Edited by Bronty

19 minutes ago, Bronty said:

there's so much extraneous...  stuff...  going on in that cover that it took me until now to notice that Angel's one wing is 8x the size of the other.    He must lean to one side when he flies.  :kidaround:

Nice catch!

I really dislike it for the simple fact that the figures are so posed, individually, and are not interacting with each other. That just does not work for me. But it clearly sells: first comics, second as a later Big Number @ HA, so clearly my opinion is of little consequence!

6 hours ago, Bronty said:

Ridiculous poses, angsty teenage drama, etc.  

something people don't talk too much about was Stan's love triangles, mix Super hero with 50s teen romance comics. Even when I read them in my teens it was hard to take.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, Bronty said:

heheheh .  what is that from?

Which "that" are you speaking of? The panel I posted is from Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men (#5 page 2, 2004 to be precise). Cyclops is bleeding out after an attack. He hallucinates that Phoenix (recently dead again thanks to Grant Morrison) appears to him and tells him what a mess he's made of things. It's one of the stories that got me back into comic books after 20 years away.

RCO002.thumb.jpg.3604b24d75d9d46c607c25ec553b12ce.jpg

RCO003.thumb.jpg.9f837c4888333a52dea626218c8e10a0.jpg

Edited by RBerman

On 9/3/2020 at 6:55 AM, awayne83 said:

What impact do outliers like this generally have? Will we see a bump in prices from the artist/rep? I’m certain at the least that perceived value of prospective sellers has increased lol

This is a good question. Honestly I like Finch a lot but my one experience trying to buy turned out to be a counterfeit listed in CGC which thank God I contacted David first. He let me know he didn’t do the work.

I would assume the asking price just went up on Finch. But the truth is that cover honestly might be a one off. Let’s see another public sale!!

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

This art reminded me of how much an ahole Cyclops had become. : >... next they would've made him torture small animals or something.

and how are you going to feel when you see that story line in print ... another great idea just thrown away

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

This art reminded me of how much an ahole Cyclops had become. : > hopefully Marvel can ease up on the X-hate pedal post-merger... next they would've made him torture small animals or something.

People are really still reading X-books? Really? ( lol )

4 hours ago, vodou said:

People are really still reading X-books? Really? ( lol )

You ready for this glorious morning soap...

"She never loved you, you know.  You always frightened her."

"And if she was here right now... who do you think she'd be more frightened of?"

ENTER CYCLOPS V. WOLVERINE