• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

See the Ebay "Best Offer" price...
11 11

64 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, valiantman said:

To see the actual selling price on an Ebay auction "Best Offer" (as of September 2020 and for quite a while before now):

1) Click on a completed Ebay auction

2) Click on "See original listing"

3) Use your browser to "view page source" (right-click or try Ctrl-U, different browsers have different methods).

4) Search in the website code for "taxex" 

5) Look at the "taxExclusivePrice" for the actual selling price.

ebaybestoffer.thumb.png.422fa4a73ce5d49bf8416d3e98f8d50d.png

You always have some great information.  Thank you!

I see these instructions are also described on watchcount.com from August 2020: http://www.watchcount.com/ebay-best-offer-sold-price.php#Aug2020upd8

It hasn't been a big secret or anything and it has been mentioned in these forums before, but I'm sure the information has been mostly floating aimlessly in the endless sea of noise that is... the internet:grin:

13 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Thanks for the tip.  Watchcount hasn't been producing any useful results lately, just showing the full price.  Flipper tools says that site is down due to abuse.  This works, so if at least one method is working, the mysteries are unlocked.

why do they keep making it hard to find actual final price?

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

To see the actual selling price on an Ebay auction "Best Offer" (as of September 2020 and for quite a while before now):

1) Click on a completed Ebay auction

2) Click on "See original listing"

3) Use your browser to "view page source" (right-click or try Ctrl-U, different browsers have different methods).

4) Search in the website code for "taxex" 

5) Look at the "taxExclusivePrice" for the actual selling price.

ebaybestoffer.thumb.png.422fa4a73ce5d49bf8416d3e98f8d50d.png

works like a charm thx
On my computer ctrl f is the find function and enter 'taxex'.

Edited by kav

8 minutes ago, kav said:

why do they keep making it hard to find actual final price?

Great question.  Maybe eBay is using the original price to show volume of sales to Wall Street, and they don't want anyone knowing that it is significantly less, if it is. 

I'm surprised we can still see Sold prices at all on eBay.  Try to see one on Amazon.  I'm glad they are on eBay, at least something to go by.

9 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Great question.  Maybe eBay is using the original price to show volume of sales to Wall Street, and they don't want anyone knowing that it is significantly less, if it is. 

I'm surprised we can still see Sold prices at all on eBay.  Try to see one on Amazon.  I'm glad they are on eBay, at least something to go by.

Yeah just wait til' they try to go BIG DATA and charge for the information like everyone else.  Hell, that worthpoint website has been making a business out of archiving ebay prices and charging for it for decades.

8 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

If you bring the book up in a sold search with some other items you will be able to get a tight range on the price - as it sorts it by the actual price sold not the ask

That doesn't work anymore.  It worked for a while, but I guess Ebay got complaints that their sold listings were "out of order".