• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You ever ask yourself, “did I overpay?”
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Have you ever bought a comic or magazine and asked yourself, “did I overpay, did I get a good deal?” Well welcome to the forum that allows you to ask that question and allow the comic community to give their thoughts, opinions and ask questions. Lets find out together did you overpay or did you get a great deal !!! Keep it classy and I’ll be kicking it off shortly , I am one that has buyers remorse so, I’m hoping to get some feedback that I got some really great deals . 

It all balances out. There are some books I overpaid for (and God only knows why, as I sure don't) and others I've gotten for pennies on the dollar.  I try to look at the times I've overpaid as a lesson.

As Capra says, research is the key. I do get real skittish about books that are out of my "financial comfort zone" and try and do as much research as time allows before making a decision. If there isn't a lot of time, say an auction close to ending, then I have to go with my gut. The big question I have is the book worth the asking price to me. If it is a holy grail then I may jump on it and forget about the price.

Great conversation all around. Yes Research is key and than the next day follows, usually I just have buyers remorse or guilt. Than I get over it . You do bring upa good point though about being impatient, aren't we all .  Keep it up guys . I just grabbed myself a FF# 48, 49 & 50 . Once I get cleaned, pressed and graded, we will know if I overpaid or not. As of right now, i am thinking not !!!! 

ugh yes, often especially when I was collecting original art! Walk away from an artists (eg Mike Mignola's) table $3K lighter and wonder if you would have paid that much from a dealer everytime

on comics yes of course as well. I am being very disciplined the last few months in pursuit of a unicorn but we will see how that works out :/

On 03/09/2020 at 15:13, theCapraAegagrus said:

Je fais beaucoup de recherches avant de jeter mon argent, donc je ne me souviens pas avoir jamais réfléchi à un achat de bande dessinée. Parfois je me demande, "étais-je trop impatient?"

Exactly the same for me i doesn't think to have payed really too much for books in my life, however sometimes i tell myself that I should have waited to buy other books before the ones I chose. Life is just a successions of choices and you cannot buy everything, in any case that wouldn't be fun to have too much money.