You ever ask yourself, “did I overpay?”
1 1

5 posts in this topic

4 posts

Have you ever bought a comic or magazine and asked yourself, “did I overpay, did I get a good deal?” Well welcome to the forum that allows you to ask that question and allow the comic community to give their thoughts, opinions and ask questions. Lets find out together did you overpay or did you get a great deal !!! Keep it classy and I’ll be kicking it off shortly , I am one that has buyers remorse so, I’m hoping to get some feedback that I got some really great deals . 

15,747 posts

I do a lot of research before throwing my cash around, so I don't recall ever having to reflect on a comic purchase. Sometimes I'll ask myself, "was I too impatient?"

709 posts

It all balances out. There are some books I overpaid for (and God only knows why, as I sure don't) and others I've gotten for pennies on the dollar.  I try to look at the times I've overpaid as a lesson.

As Capra says, research is the key. I do get real skittish about books that are out of my "financial comfort zone" and try and do as much research as time allows before making a decision. If there isn't a lot of time, say an auction close to ending, then I have to go with my gut. The big question I have is the book worth the asking price to me. If it is a holy grail then I may jump on it and forget about the price.

518 posts

All the time. :bigsmile:

Last week I won a CGC 9.8 modern book in auction for $130, whereas the GoCollect FMV was $190. So I did my research. 

Today a copy sold for $100. And the first question I asked myself, "Did I overpay?"