• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason Fabok Apologies For Comic Shop Charging $50 To Sign Three Jokers

32 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, wombat said:

Its totally worth it for the free bag and board you got. 

bag and board better be numbered  and in limited numbers :roflmao:

40 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Am I understanding correctly?  The artist wanted $10, so the shop charged $50 and pocketed $40 per signature?

That's how I read it (excluding any CGC fees). And Fabok's fee was supposed to start only on the third book (first 2 free). What could Woodbridge Heroes possibly offer to justify this kind of uptick?? Was there an all-you-can-eat buffet, free drinks/sandwich?

Edited by bobotski

34 minutes ago, iggykoopa said:

Can't wait to hear their response on this one!

From the article:

After two days of contact with Woodridge Heroes, they told Bleeding Cool that they had decided not to comment on the situation at this time.

20 minutes ago, wombat said:

From the article:

After two days of contact with Woodridge Heroes, they told Bleeding Cool that they had decided not to comment on the situation at this time.

"What time WILL you be commenting on it?"

Sold at my LCS at $6.99, yet Woodridge had the standard variants at $50 for both covers, no autograph.  Artwork looks pretty good.  Unfortunately, my LCS could not get any premium variant covers, since he would have to buy more copies than he can sell.

20 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I'll comment for them. "The reason for the 400% markup is quite simple. We really love money."

I guess they sat around for two days going "What can we say???"
Finally the inevitable answer dawned on them: "Nothing"

39 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I'll comment for them. "The reason for the 400% markup is quite simple. We really love money."

If they love money, they’re gonna be really unhappy with how much they lose going forward.:insane:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I don't know why they would comment, there's no right answer. Provided they didn't lie or mislead anyone, I got no beef.

30 minutes ago, revat said:

Provided they didn't lie or mislead anyone, I got no beef.

It appears they mislead the artist.  This reflected poorly on the signer (he mentioned people being angry) and according to him, he was not made aware of what they were doing.