• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Milestone Comics (Dakotaverse) Appreciation Thread
3 3

146 posts in this topic

Just now, maidenmate91 said:

Meh hardly lol The static platinum is nice I just care for an Icon comic without Icon on it. lol That issue before it would've been better for a final issue send off. Still nice books though! I have not dove into Hardware yet to know enough. 

I read Hardware and Static when they came out till around issue 25 or so then I gave up 
was hoping they bring them into the DC universe just Static and it never really developed.

Nice to see them come back around. At one point I had 10 platinum Hardware & 5 Static Plats that I could 
pick up for $5 to $10. Static was always more expensive $15-$30. I remember buying 3 copies of 
Hardware Platinum from Mile High.

47 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I read Hardware and Static when they came out till around issue 25 or so then I gave up 
was hoping they bring them into the DC universe just Static and it never really developed.

Nice to see them come back around. At one point I had 10 platinum Hardware & 5 Static Plats that I could 
pick up for $5 to $10. Static was always more expensive $15-$30. I remember buying 3 copies of 
Hardware Platinum from Mile High.

Amazing!

I managed to pick up around 14 sealed copies of Hardware for £70, so I'm happy about that ~

But there's also the Worlds Collide #1 and Xombi platinum variants too - but great stuff! I've given up on getting Static #1 platinum as the way I see it you could get better value in the other Milestone comics.

Edited by Bart Allen

6 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Amazing!

I managed to pick up around 14 sealed copies of Hardware for £70, so I'm happy about that ~

But there's also the Worlds Collide #1 and Xombi platinum variants too - but great stuff! I've given up on getting Static #1 platinum as the way I see it you could get better value in the other Milestone comics.

Why 14 copies of hardware? lol

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Has anyone read the new book yet? It's available online now for free.

Yea I read it, it's not bad. The interior art is pretty good, a little too topical for my taste. I like it though it has potential. Static's hair is awful though lol Like Rocket said he is being hunted by his barber. I prefer the classic virgil static shock aesthetic. They changed Rocket's origin though a little, I preferred the classic one where Icon suprises the robbers. I look forward to more. 

Here is the link to the free official dc comic link for those who also want to check it out. 

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/454451

4 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Wait, what's so special about that New 52 #1 of Static? I mean compared to the original 1-45 ~

The Comichron numbers suggest that the 2nd print probably has limited numbers. I don't know for sure, and I wouldn't say that it's more important that the first appearance, but a lot of reprints have been taking off in price recently.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Comichron numbers suggest that the 2nd print probably has limited numbers. I don't know for sure, and I wouldn't say that it's more important that the first appearance, but a lot of reprints have been taking off in price recently.

I checked them, so I was curious about that too ~

The more I think of it the Milestone comics are rather an uncommon bunch - as it's not that common for a set of Modern comics - which happens to be quite popular, more so through Static - to have such low order-estimates ~

Edited by Bart Allen

3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

I checked them, so I was curious about that too ~

The more I think of it the Milestone comics are rather an uncommon bunch - as it's not that common for a set of Modern comics - which happens to be quite popular, more so through Static - to have such low order-estimates ~

I was making that prediction considering the sales prices of Rebirth of the Cool, which, as far as I know, doesn't have any significant collectible content (1st appearances, etc.), but has low order numbers.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was making that prediction considering the sales prices of Rebirth of the Cool, which, as far as I know, doesn't have any significant collectible content (1st appearances, etc.), but has low order numbers.

You're right - especially Icon and Hardware after issues #34 ~

43 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think the non-enhanced version of that is the issue that I'm missing for my Milestone run (not counting newsstands, if I want to chase those).

Aww really? ~ That's amazing!

That collector's edition is one of the few from the Milestone comics:

1. Static #1

2. Blood Syndicate #1

3. Hardware #16

4. Icon #1

5. World's Collide #1