• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Milestone Comics (Dakotaverse) Appreciation Thread
3 3

146 posts in this topic

I have found 50 3 times and sold them all to boardies.

Never found 47 to 49 of Hardware never seen them. 

I have found multiples of Static 39 to 43. 1 copy of 44 and 2 copies of 45.
What I dont see much at all are Static issues from 25 to 38. Maybe a copy
of each or so. Whats nice is they are still dirt cheap when you do find them.

Icon I either find Number 1 or 2 then I dont see anything until the last 30s.

Wise Son is impossible to find. 
Blood Syndicate is the same after around issue 15 dont ever see copies. 
Xombi the same first few issues and the last 2 issues a couple of times. 

Now other then Static most issues are still dirt cheap. Ive picked up quite
a few Hardware 1s for $.50 to $1 and later issues. 

It remains to be see what will happen, but currently this is cheap speculation at its best.

Edited by fastballspecial

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It remains to be see what will happen, but currently this is cheap speculation at its best.

Woah really?

Wise Son if impossible to find? I won't lie: I've noticed they're not as plentiful as the other books ~

9 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Woah really?

Wise Son if impossible to find? I won't lie: I've noticed they're not as plentiful as the other books ~

Well, cat's out of the bag now I guess. I recently picked up the couple of issues I was missing, to complete my Milestone set. I had all of the Static, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate books because they were on my pull list until they ended, even though I hadn't been reading many comics at the time. Wise Son started very close to the end, and the Comichron numbers are tiny. If the entire Dakotaverse takes off, that one could end up really pricey.

41 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Well, cat's out of the bag now I guess. I recently picked up the couple of issues I was missing, to complete my Milestone set. I had all of the Static, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate books because they were on my pull list until they ended, even though I hadn't been reading many comics at the time. Wise Son started very close to the end, and the Comichron numbers are tiny. If the entire Dakotaverse takes off, that one could end up really pricey.

Woah, but impossible to find though? lol

Have you managed to complete your set though? But yeah I've noticed they are quite tough, I'm trying to find a few #4's ~

On 9/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Bart Allen said:

Woah, but impossible to find though? lol

Have you managed to complete your set though? But yeah I've noticed they are quite tough, I'm trying to find a few #4's ~

I bought 2 sets off of eBay just recently. I have them but haven't opened them to check condition yet. I previously had 1 & 3. I think I got those from Mile High. Just checked and they have 1 & 2 for $20 & $30 for NM

On 9/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I bought 2 sets off of eBay just recently. I have them but haven't opened them to check condition yet. I previously had 1 & 3. I think I got those from Mile High. Just checked and they have 1 & 2 for $20 & $30 for NM

On 9/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Comichron numbers:

Wise Son 1: 7488

Wise Son 2: 5720

Wise Son 3: 5070

Wise Son 4: 4413

That's awesome!

They seem rather few and far between on eBay too, for example, as most of them have been taken off but I didn't realise it was one of the last publications by Milestone ~

16 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

That's awesome!

They seem rather few and far between on eBay too, for example, as most of them have been taken off but I didn't realise it was one of the last publications by Milestone ~

One dealer had a few of those Milestone previews, including a Wise Son. Someone has since snatched it up. I was considering grabbing it, but I think those things are too easy to duplicate, and are more of a curiosity.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WISE-SON-WHITE-WOLF-1-Black-and-White-Promo-1996-VF-NM-Preview-more-in-/402256523694?hash=item5da85b71ae%3Ag%3A87oAAOSwbRFetcoZ&nma=true&si=sYFZpAP8jgg2HhKdrZ3u8RpT1os%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 1/27/2021 at 3:59 AM, Bart Allen said:

Xombi #1 Brendan McCarthy incentive variant

s-l1600.jpg

I've got a copy or two of this, but like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I damaged one of them. I'm not sure how much the value of Xombi will hold up compared to other characters. The new Milestone preview suggests there's basically a new character that's somewhat similar; not sure if that means that Xombi won't be back.

5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I've got a copy or two of this, but like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I damaged one of them. I'm not sure how much the value of Xombi will hold up compared to other characters. The new Milestone preview suggests there's basically a new character that's somewhat similar; not sure if that means that Xombi won't be back.

Awesome! :x

Well Michael B Jordan did say he's attempting to build a Universe of sorts from Static film, so there's a possibly that Xombi appears eventually - he should, as he's part of Main Five of Milestone; but even if he doesn't the comics will increase due to their estimated print run, also that includes Milestone Returns ~ At least that's my logic - but I just checked: Xombi is back but his origin will be different, wherein he merges with a female lol

14 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Awesome! :x

Well Michael B Jordan did say he's attempting to build a Universe of sorts from Static film, so there's a possibly that Xombi appears eventually - he should, as he's part of Main Five of Milestone; but even if he doesn't the comics will increase due to their estimated print run, also that includes Milestone Returns ~ At least that's my logic - but I just checked: Xombi is back but his origin will be different, wherein he merges with a female lol

Wasn't the name changed as well? What I found curious was that only those few pages of the preview were written by a separate writer (Greg Pak, I believe). Could there be some sort of rights issue that is keeping that from happening?

On 9/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, fastballspecial said:

Found all in one spot. So they are out there just takes a long time to find them.

hard48.thumb.jpg.2519547e55a3dfb322554ab5fc2c1139.jpghard49.thumb.jpg.9d2bea8b1ef7f38e9bc463c5b26ac945.jpghardware47.thumb.jpg.1443620daaec442af5eb7fe77eb37bbc.jpghardware466.thumb.jpg.0b17b3389cb0314b105702e8dee3e1bd.jpg

On 3/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, fastballspecial said:

Double post as well. Truly difficult book to find. Seems a little easier
then Static 45, but not by much. Probably last cheap copy all ever find.

Invincible's comic book estimate run, and how it's doing currently with certain issues, be a clue as to how the comics will - at the very least, dare I say - surge once the Static film hits ~ lol