• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Milestone Comics (Dakotaverse) Appreciation Thread
3 3

146 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PeterPark said:

A first printing, presumably a newsstand, I don't know when those stopped, and a second printing (II on cover).

25 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yep; different logo colors. Got those!

That's the same with all the Newsstand and Direct prints though:

https://www.comics.org/series/4923/covers/

29 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

That's the same with all the Newsstand and Direct prints though:

https://www.comics.org/series/4923/covers/

The Newsstand and Direct for Hardware 17 look a little different in the link because of variation in printing, but I doubt the printing plates were different (except for the black, because of the barcodes). The 2nd print has lighter blue box, and the Deja Vu copy is yellow. And there's a Roman numeral II in the price box.

IMG_6414.jpg

22 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Newsstand and Direct for Hardware 17 look a little different in the link because of variation in printing, but I doubt the printing plates were different (except for the black, because of the barcodes). The 2nd print has lighter blue box, and the Deja Vu copy is yellow. And there's a Roman numeral II in the price box.

Woah, never seen that before - I mean surely that's not the same with the other books?

That version doesn't include the UK insignia which could mean this is not exclusive for #17.

Edited by Bart Allen

10 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Woah, never seen that before - I mean surely that's not the same with the other books?

That version doesn't include the UK insignia which could mean this is not exclusive for #17.

Not following what you're suggesting. Perhaps they didn't distribute reprints in the UK at the time?

3 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Not following what you're suggesting. Perhaps they didn't distribute reprints in the UK at the time?

I rambled a bit there lol

I was suggesting perhaps that second-print isn't just exclusive to #17 and that in fact there could be more issues with that indicia.

Plus the print-run comes into question ~

1 hour ago, Bart Allen said:

I rambled a bit there lol

I was suggesting perhaps that second-print isn't just exclusive to #17 and that in fact there could be more issues with that indicia.

Plus the print-run comes into question ~

Like a third print? I'm not following either...I haven't found any other Milestone issues with second prints yet. Does anyone know if there any others?

35 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Like a third print? I'm not following either...I haven't found any other Milestone issues with second prints yet. Does anyone know if there any others?

That's the only one I'm aware of from the original line. As pointed out earlier in the thread, the New 52 Static Shock #1 has a 2nd print, and some of the trades have been reprinted too.

5 hours ago, PeterPark said:

5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's the only one I'm aware of from the original line. As pointed out earlier in the thread, the New 52 Static Shock #1 has a 2nd print, and some of the trades have been reprinted too.

I meant what Geeks was referring too: whether the other comics, as in Icon, Xombi, Static, Blood Syndicate, etc have a 2nd print as #17 does ~ I need to check some of my books lol

Edited by Bart Allen

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The newsstand editions wont be hard to find until the end of the run. Keep in mind this is still the mid 90s when theses books came
out. So dont overpay for a newsstand unless its toward the end of the runs.

On a site note: you won't believe the issues I bought for £105 today lol

27 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Ebay

Nope, an obscure Italian website - I managed to get the following for that price:

• x3 Blood Syndicate #1 (sealed)
  • x1 Blood Syndicate #32
  • x2 Blood Syndicate #33, #34 and #35
  • Hardware #36
  • Hardware #37
  • Hardware #39
  • Hardware #40
  • Hardware #41
  • Hardware #42
  • Hardware #43
  • Hardware #44
  • Hardware #45
  • Hardware #46
  • Hardware #47
  • Heroes #2, #4, and #6
  • Icon #36 and #37
  • Shadow Cabinet #12, #14, #16 and #17
  • Static #29
  • x2 Wise Man #1, #2 and #3

2 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Nope, an obscure Italian website - I managed to get the following for that price:

• x3 Blood Syndicate #1 (sealed)
  • x1 Blood Syndicate #32
  • x2 Blood Syndicate #33, #34 and #35
  • Hardware #36
  • Hardware #37
  • Hardware #39
  • Hardware #40
  • Hardware #41
  • Hardware #42
  • Hardware #43
  • Hardware #44
  • Hardware #45
  • Hardware #46
  • Hardware #47
  • Heroes #2, #4, and #6
  • Icon #36 and #37
  • Shadow Cabinet #12, #14, #16 and #17
  • Static #29
  • x2 Wise Man #1, #2 and #3

Neat, I love finding obscure websites! Solid grabs, congrats. Be sure to share some with us when they arrive.