• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp Selling/Trading Thread Only
8 8

97 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, mstrange said:

There's a pulp sale in the gold/silver/bronze sales thread.  Lots of high grade pulps alo g with some Shadows and Doc Savage link below

thanks for posting. for some reason I didn't real;ize there was a pulps selling thread.

In search of:

Ten Story Gang Aug 1939
Double-Action Detective Feb 1940
Sinister Stories May 1940
Mystery Novels and Short Stories Nov 1940
Real Western May 1941
Sports Winners Jul 1941
Super Sports Oct 1941
True Gangster Stories Jun 1942
Super Sports Apr 1944

If you have any for sale, please get in touch!

Thank you!

On 3/17/2024 at 5:17 PM, Ryan. said:

Any of the vintage paperback sellers here have a Croydon edition of Vicious Circle by Manning Long available? If so, PM me.

Still looking for one of those myself, Ryan.  That's gotta be the toughest of those early L.B. Cole Croydons.  Still kicking myself for not going strong the last time I saw a copy come up.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:10 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Still looking for one of those myself, Ryan.  That's gotta be the toughest of those early L.B. Cole Croydons.  Still kicking myself for not going strong the last time I saw a copy come up.

I've been looking for years, with no luck. I don't even particularly like the cover but need it to complete the Croydon Cole set.

I'm going to list a few Pulps for a friend, so I can quit climbing the walls around here. It's about 30 of them, most with full spines, and nearly all are ERB related. I'm still conflicted by the stroke, but somehow doing something productive helps to process things, to not feel like dead weight. There's nothing high grade but many are VG to VG/F, and span the titles "Blue Book", "Argosy", and "All Story"... plus a couple other odds and ends. The time frame is early 20's to late 30"s. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It will take a fair amount of time for imaging and listing, as I'm still a bit dysfunctional. 

I will also be listing 4 magazines back from CGC. I submitted them before my stroke, but the presser was backed up and I just now got them back. CGC was actually surprisingly quick with the TAT. 

FILM FUN 571                               CGC 9.0  OW                                           $ 850 ...top census

MAD 29                                         CGC 8.5 OW/W                                        $ 325 ...White Mountain

NUGGET 1                                    CGC 6.5  W                                              $ 325 ... Matt Baker

PLAYBOY 2/55                              CGC 9.4  W                                              $ 950 ...Bettie Page XMas centerfold

Edited by jimjum12

This is intended as a head's up to the regulars who frequent this forum. I don't have images yet, and due my recent medical issues, it may be a week before that happens. I may also decide to wait for the proper thread to go in the new Pulp sales forum. These are all consignment so not a lot of wiggle room. This is basically some busy work to keep me from climbing the walls around here. :bigsmile: If anyone wants to put some on hold pending images, that will be OK. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ERB PULPS

Some of these may be a tad brittle, but for the most part they are not, and are fairly solid. They are not guaranteed to be unrestored but can be returned for any or no reason within 2 weeks. These were pulled from a larger group due to strong eye appeal. It looks like a few may have had some light trimming, but I'm no expert in that regard.

ASTERISK * indicates a small piece of 1" or less is missing from the spine

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 2/19/21             VG                      60*

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 2/26/21             VG/F                   65

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/5/21                VG/F                  65

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/19/21              VG                     60*

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/12/21              VG+                   70 ...chip at top edge

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/25/22              VG-                    50

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 1/6/23                 VG                    45

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/12/32               G/VG                80* ...chips at edge

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 3/9/32                 VG/F                 65

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 4/16/32               VG+                  45*

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 9/17/32                VG-                  80 ... color loss scuffs

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 10/8/32                VG/F                 45

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 10/22/32              VG+                  55 ...Brittle top right corner

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 9/19/36                VG                    70+ LLC p.o.

ARGOSY ALL WEEKLY 2/11/39                 VG+                 35 ...weak spine, nice eye appeal

BLUE BOOK 4/30                                        G-                    85 ...ST. JOHN cover Brittle b.c. and several pages

BLUE BOOK 7/30                                         VG-                105  ...ST. JOHN cover

BLUE BOOK 8/34                                         F                     20

BLUE BOOK 9/34                                         F+                   40

BLUE BOOK 1/36                                          VG+               35

BLUE BOOK 10/36                                        VG/F              20

BLUE BOOK 11/37                                         F                    45 ...Tarzan cover

CAPTAIN FUTURE WINTER/41                    VG+               65

FANTASTIC ADVENTURES 11/41                 VG                 65 ...ST. JOHN cover

FAMOUS FANTASTIC MYSTERIES 10/51    VG/F             15

Edited by jimjum12

On 3/14/2024 at 5:26 PM, Northwest said:

There are a number of pulps in the Comic Connect event auction ending Monday 3/18 at 7 p.m. PST (10 EST). A few were mine.

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/session/652?filters=1&stock_type_id[0][o]=E&stock_type_id[0][v]=34

ama106-576_1.jpg

Any idea on the final hammer on this one? I can’t seem to bring up the results.