• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropped CGC Slab Comic Damage

13 posts in this topic

I had a slab drop from my wall and the comic sustained some minor damage on the corner. Nothing huge and could be easily pressed out, however if it were to be graded today it would not stay at the same grade. How does this affect the value of the comic? Pics are attached

image.jpg

image.jpg

42 minutes ago, bcgocubs said:

You think people would still pay close to 9.6 prices for it? What’s your experience? I’m worried my investment went down hundreds of dollars lol

If it's no longer a 9.6 then the obvious answer would be no, especially if a grade drop means "hundreds of dollars". As mentioned above, without knowing the book, advice is limited.

The damaged shown has the potential of being fixed. Any damage to the front cover?

4 hours ago, jokiing said:

If it's no longer a 9.6 then the obvious answer would be no, especially if a grade drop means "hundreds of dollars". As mentioned above, without knowing the book, advice is limited.

The damaged shown has the potential of being fixed. Any damage to the front cover?

Nope front cover is good. Pretty sure a press and reholder would bring it back to shape. I think it should be good after thinking about it for a while

its a Venom 3 CGC 9.6 2x SS

Edited by bcgocubs

On 9/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, bcgocubs said:

You think people would still pay close to 9.6 prices for it? What’s your experience? I’m worried my investment went down hundreds of dollars lol

That's an interesting question I was going to bring up.  If a 9.8 book sustains damage AFTER it's been sealed, then is it still a 9.8?  I guess it depends on the honesty of whoever sells the thing to mention that the book was damaged after grading?

At that point the label states its a 9.8, but in reality the book sustained damage after the fact. 

From a pure technical standpoint the book is no longer a 9.8. If you wanted to get more technical, some books in 9.8 slabs aren't 9.8's without sustaining post encapsulation damage.