• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Splitting up Books - Thoughts?
5 5

49 posts in this topic

I love having a complete book but in most cases it’s tough to obtain a complete book, and even tougher to justify keeping it all together from a financial POV.   

I am happy to have purchased four complete books and I have kept them together, but realistically if they were say 10x as valuable, I just wouldn't be able to do it.

So, for me, it really boils down to money.   I'd love to have all kinds of stuff.    But there's costs, and opportunity costs, that have to be considered.

Edited by Bronty

As with any "investment" (regardless if you are buying specifically for an investment or not), there is a price where it makes sense to sell. Pretty much the only "tangible" thing in life not for sale is our family/friends. And some of us probably wish we could sell off some family members.:whatthe:

3 hours ago, sfilosa said:

As with any "investment" (regardless if you are buying specifically for an investment or not), there is a price where it makes sense to sell. Pretty much the only "tangible" thing in life not for sale is our family/friends. And some of us probably wish we could sell off some family members.:whatthe:

I couldn’t give away my ex-wife if I tried.

1) I once bought a complete issue and cover directly from the artist because that's how he wanted to sell his art.  It wasn't cheap either.  All I wanted was a DPS from the issue.  I ended up buying it and held onto it for years.

I never cared for the story or the cover.  After years from other collectors asking about pages, I broke up the issue and sold individual pages and the cover.

I made some $ and I still have the DPS.  So in hindsight, the artist did me a favor.  xD

2) I still have a complete Infantino / Giella Flash back-up story.  No cover obviously.  9  1/2 pages from DC.  The last 1/2 page was used for advertisements.  First appearance of Professor West, (Iris' father), before he was retconned as Detective Joe West for the tv show.  :whatthe:

You can still have a complete story but not the complete issue.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos