• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

the entire lot is not even worth the shipping costs...

+1. 

I'll admit I read the Hardy Boys as a kid (top slab in pic posted) and even Nancy Drew, before it was cool! But needing a Detective to figure out your listing?

Priceless! :banana: 

17 hours ago, kav said:

has anyone asked him yet um why are all the grades on the slabs covered?  That move allows throws a shadow over this entire listing.  

That is odd. Even for someone that allegedly knows nothing about comics. Why not shuffle them in the same amount of space, but overlap the bottoms so the labels can be seen, right? My guess is that they're recent purchases. Cheap slabbed books bought together from someone who kept a box of failed target-grade attempts. He probably bought the whole lot of CGCed books as a lot from one person. Look at the titles and numbers! Who would buy them even for the cost of submission unless they're 9.6s and 9.8s? 

I have a feeling that this listing ends closer to $20,000 worth of pain rather than $10,000 worth. The more it sells for, the less the chance that the seller will actually collect the money. 

37 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

It's because he's been told people should buy the book, not the label.

And just look at the care taken to precisely position the slabs so that the holograms all have the exact same degree of visibility, while making sure that not one detail of any of the labels can be seen!  

FloppyB.jpg

13 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And just look at the care taken to precisely position the slabs so that the holograms all have the exact same degree of visibility, while making sure that not one detail of any of the labels can be seen!  

This is intriguing, because from the other pictures, it seems as if he is just scraping photos from the Internet and doesn't even have any comics. (The boxes don't appear to be the same boxes in every photo; some comics appear to be prints from microfiche; etc.) But why would he be hiding grades, unless he actually intends to ship what's in the pictures? I suppose he may just have grabbed a photo from some other scammer who was hiding grades. hm

Edited by tvindy
typo

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

What title and number is this CBCS signature book with the signature on the thigh?  (Between the yellow dots) 

FloppyB.jpg.a46ec62d497ead1e7216fa2e00b62104.jpg

1 minute ago, telerites said:

Catwoman #58 (volume 3) I think.

That is correct.20200909_143716.jpg.927355ad75863735e2c2c32855819761.jpg

Well, here it is. The case cracker. The equivalent of the picture of Joe Pesci in the shower: 

First, it sells on ebay for $25 in June: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/From-Beyond-the-Unknown-6-CGC-7-5-/224047954608?hash=item342a4c7ab0%3Ag%3AzQ0AAOSwC8te6Xks&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

And then again in August for a whopping $10, as I suspected, not even the cost of submission: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/From-Beyond-the-Unknown-6-CGC-7-5-VF-/124285816256?hash=item1cf0030dc0%3Ag%3A9-0AAOSwnGFfKgl1&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And now like that 1958 quarter in "No Country For Old Men", it's been traveling and here it is on his table along with all the other garbage slabbed books and the reason why the labels are obscured, as we suspected. 

Edited by James J Johnson