• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

welcome.gif

Thanks. Much appreciated. I was on here trying to see if anyone had insights of the sixty boxes. But the only thing anyone is concerned about is hulk 1 no insight on the sixty boxes I mean the way I look at it is 250comics x 60= 15,000 comics x $2 on the resell could yield me a good $30k for my kid. Anything else of value will just be icing on the cake. I wanted to start a little selling space for my kid but unfortunately some already think I’m part of this whole thing. I’ll just keep reading other threads and stay out of this one. 

I joined this forum so that I can speak with people and buy some graded stuff for my kid but I don’t think that will happen because of the hate I see around here. And before anyone thinks I’m this fluffy bunny character your more than welcome to private message me and get my picture address and phone number. And now I feel I’m already targeted by trollers so this isn’t a safe place for me or my kids to even go on here with my account and start reading anything. 

But thanks 

14 minutes ago, HitmanReborn said:

250comics x 60= 15,000 comics x $2 on the resell

Talk to my LCS buddy who bought like 200 boxes and it was the biggest mistake of his life.  No he was not able to sell the books for "$2" each or even $1 or even a nickel each.  He ended up just wanting the drek gone and sold em for like 2 for a penny.
The guy who bought them then regretted it-

Edited by kav

14 minutes ago, HitmanReborn said:

T And now I feel I’m already targeted by trollers so this isn’t a safe place for me or my kids to even go on here with my account and start reading anything. 

Why wouldn't the CGC forum be a safe place? It's a forum. Ideas and information are exchanged. Not bottles thrown and fires started. As I stated, and you have just echoed, Floppy B, whomever that may be, is probably thinking $30K. He's thinking that not because of the $2 books. Unless you have a flea market booth, people aren't thinking, "buy for a quarter, sell for a dollar". because that takes time. it's a grind. And some people make the mistae of not valuing the time to resell and the expense into the equation. No. They're thinking, "There's a Hulk 1 here. Eben in VG, it could be a $15,000 book". So if they were able to snag it for $20K, they get back $15K right away (quick sale due to high demand) and the rest of the lot is gravy. But you see, they're not getting a $15K Hulk 1. They're not even getting a $2000 Hulk 1 because a coverless just sold for $1400. That's about right, unless two bidders each have high grade Hlk 1s and they go to bidding war over a coverless one like this. But anyway, there's no disclosure here that the Hulk 1 has a repro cover so it's fraud by omission. Dishonesty.

My guess is that the major portions of the lot were also bought from Neatstuff, like the Hulks 1-6. It looks exactly like something they would package.

If your goal was to purchase a project for your son or the both of you to turn into a profit, I'd say the bidding is at a point already that the ship has already sailed on. This is not a money maker. Not at $12K, not even at $10K. You'd be lucky to break even, and when you consider time to do it, it's a big loser. . 

28 minutes ago, HitmanReborn said:

Thanks. Much appreciated. I was on here trying to see if anyone had insights of the sixty boxes. But the only thing anyone is concerned about is hulk 1 no insight on the sixty boxes I mean the way I look at it is 250comics x 60= 15,000 comics x $2 on the resell could yield me a good $30k for my kid. Anything else of value will just be icing on the cake. I wanted to start a little selling space for my kid but unfortunately some already think I’m part of this whole thing. I’ll just keep reading other threads and stay out of this one. 

I joined this forum so that I can speak with people and buy some graded stuff for my kid but I don’t think that will happen because of the hate I see around here. And before anyone thinks I’m this fluffy bunny character your more than welcome to private message me and get my picture address and phone number. And now I feel I’m already targeted by trollers so this isn’t a safe place for me or my kids to even go on here with my account and start reading anything. 

But thanks 

The other issue is there is nothing saying that all 60 boxes are comic books. Funny books, picture books are in the title along with comic books. There are not 60 boxes pictured either so how can you know what you are bidding on.....just sayin’

21 minutes ago, kav said:

Talk to my LCS buddy who bought like 200 boxes and it was the biggest mistake of his life.  No he was not able to sell the books for "$2" each or even $1 or even a nickel each.

Absolutely true. +1  You evaluate a lot price, good or bad, money maker or loser, by the best pieces in the lot. The ones that are fast sales. All but those could and often do wind up buried with you. Bricks and cinder blocks that just wind up taking space and expended effort to move it around every few years. 

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Absolutely true. +1  You evaluate a lot price, good or bad, money maker or loser, by the best pieces in the lot. The ones that are fast sales. All but those could and often do wind up buried with you. Bricks and cinder blocks that just wind up taking space and expended effort to move it around every few years. 

I have more than once after buying a collection pulled out the useful stuff and put the drek longbox out on curb.  "free comics".  

Edited by kav

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I have more than once after buying a collection put the drek longbox out on curb.  "free 

The last box i put out with "free comics" on it had several people stop to look, then shake their head and leave. It  sat there for almost a week. So I changed the signed to "Free Toilet Paper " and it dissapeared. 

Moral of the story even people who know little about comics can still see some of them are sh!ty, but advertise them as something to sh@t on and most would agree.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The last box i put out with "free comics" on it had several people stop to look, then shake their head and leave. It  sat there for almost a week. So I changed the signed to "Free Toilet Paper " and it dissapeared. 

Moral of the story even people who know little about comics can still see some of them are sh!ty, but advertise them as something to sh@t on and most would agree.

TRUE STORY
The idea that 'you can sell em for a buck a book and make $$$' shows no real world experience with moving drek.

2 hours ago, kav said:

I have more than once after buying a collection pulled out the useful stuff and put the drek longbox out on curb.  "free comics".  

I must come by and check next time you do that, in case you accidentally put the first 6 Hulks in there. And Action #1.

Less talk and more reporting to eBay might be in order. I have done so.

Copyright and trademark

Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer

Counterfeit, fake, or replica items
In the text box, note the Hulk 1 is not original - has a reprint cover - and the previous eBay auction listing number  

6 minutes ago, kustomizer said:

Just for even more laffs, here's a guy in Brazil selling a Hulk #1 replica for $30, free post worldwide:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-Silver-Age-Replica-Edition/124328733847?hash=item1cf291ec97:g:DPcAAOSwaFFfOFVN

He has others too.

He does say right in the title that it's a replica, though.