• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, roccojoco said:

Nice work. The cover writings and stains match the Neatstuff auction perfectly.  I also messaged this guy and he said he inherited this from his grandfather who "died several years ago." That is an absolute lie, so everything else can expected to be a lie.

When I called him on how obvious it is that he bought these from the neatstuff listing (the Hulk 3 has writing on the "H" that matches as well, in addition to the staining on the Hulk 1) his response was sorry if it's inconvenient for you that my grandfather passed away and left these for me. 

Apparently his grandfather was neatstuff and he left them to floppy for a $4667 fee. 

There aren't enough facepalms in the world for this guy. 

Edited by serling1978

4 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

When I called him on how obvious it is that he bought these from the neatstuff listing (the Hulk 3 has writing on the "H" that matches as well, in addition to the staining on the Hulk 1) his response was sorry if it's inconvenient for you that my grandfather passed away and left these for me. 

Apparently his grandfather was neatstuff and he left them to floppy for a $4667 fee. 

Even his grandfather hates him. 

8 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Maybe he meant he purchased these from neat stuff on his dead grandfather's credit card?

So technically he inherited them from him..

16 hours ago, kav said:

TRUE STORY
The idea that 'you can sell em for a buck a book and make $$$' shows no real world experience with moving drek.

My daughter was clearing out her closet before she went into the military and asked me to sell bunch of her old beanie babies (you know... the ones that were going to make everyone rich).

I thought just to be safe I'd start the bidding at $1 each. I thought that surely I'd get at least $5 each but......  I didn't even sell ONE.  :eek:  Drek is Drek.  Comics from the 1990s are nearly impossible to sell.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

My daughter was clearing out her closet before she went into the military and asked me to sell bunch of her old beanie babies (you know... the ones that were going to make everyone rich).

I thought just to be safe I'd start the bidding at $1 each. I thought that surely I'd get at least $5 each but......  I didn't even sell ONE.  :eek:  Drek is Drek.  Comics from the 1990s are nearly impossible to sell.

THIS THIS THIS!!!
There is no 'buck a book' with drek!!  Its an urban legend!!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, kav said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!
There is no 'buck a book' with drek!!  Its an urban legend!!!!!!!!!

I've put up bundles of 20 superman comics in NM condition from the 1990s for $.99 + shipping on ebay before and had maybe only 5 people even look at the auction over a 5 day period, with no bids.  I'm just going to Goodwill that stuff from now on.  If LCSs had nickel bins I don't even think it would sell.

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I've put up bundles of 20 superman comics in NM condition from the 1990s for $.99 + shipping on ebay before and had maybe only 5 people even look at the auction over a 5 day period, with no bids.  I'm just going to Goodwill that stuff from now on.  If LCSs had nickel bins I don't even think it would sell.

They just dont sell.  I hate it when ppl say wow just buy all them longboxes and at $2 a book $60,000!!!!
Nope.  Or when they say 'just bundle em up in packs and $5 a pack!!!  $$$$
Nope nope nope.
NOPE

Look at this way ... this thread has the making of a great Friday thread for tomorrow. When we look forward to whatever happens to this auction in over an hour remaining. 

All the reports we fired to eBay ... and nay one reply from them??  The auction has 120+ watchers!

3 minutes ago, kav said:

They just dont sell.  I hate it when ppl say wow just buy all them longboxes and at $2 a book $60,000!!!!
Nope.  Or when they say 'just bundle em up in packs and $5 a pack!!!  $$$$
Nope nope nope.
NOPE

I mean I bought several books at $2-$3 a piece and maybe im to dumb to know what I’m spending money on. I enjoy the purchases and the flipping from time to time I don’t know what the problem here is. I bought out a dude in Omaha that posted a flea market stand with comics and he delivered it to me and I paid him $1 an issue and I turned around and sold it all within 2 days and doubled up. I’m assuming drek means trash. There isn’t much comics avaiable here and I also deal with people in other parts of the world and many have paid me $2-$3 an issue excluding shipping prices. I just don’t understand the negativity about people selling things at any price. 

I am also assuming your quote is about me because I was asking about the 60 boxes and how I was doing the math. My problem is my kid wants to get into this while he has time and all his friends want to do comics as well so now there’s like a small comic club but there isn’t enough books for everyone.  

2 minutes ago, HitmanReborn said:

I mean I bought several books at $2-$3 a piece and maybe im to dumb to know what I’m spending money on. I enjoy the purchases and the flipping from time to time I don’t know what the problem here is. I bought out a dude in Omaha that posted a flea market stand with comics and he delivered it to me and I paid him $1 an issue and I turned around and sold it all within 2 days and doubled up. I’m assuming drek means trash. There isn’t much comics avaiable here and I also deal with people in other parts of the world and many have paid me $2-$3 an issue excluding shipping prices. I just don’t understand the negativity about people selling things at any price. 

I am also assuming your quote is about me because I was asking about the 60 boxes and how I was doing the math. My problem is my kid wants to get into this while he has time and all his friends want to do comics as well so now there’s like a small comic club but there isn’t enough books for everyone.  

I would have to know what issues you bought for $1 a book and immediately sold for $2 a book but if it was drek eg 90s drek you are the first person in the world to ever accomplish that.

90s drek isnt worth reading and has no collectible value.  Kids wont read em adults wont read em.  they are bad.  The art is bad.  There is no reason on earth to buy it.  Not for $2, not for $1, not for a penny.  Its stuff you want to get rid of and depending on how much you have you will pay people to take away.
My friend who has an LCS that bought the 200 longboxes (if I remember correctly)-called a larger store to come look at them.  The guy went thru every box.  He wanted no part of em.  Not even for a penny a book.  He wouldnt have paid $10 for the entire collection.  And this is a guy who owns a large store so has a means to move stuff far superior so some random dude with books in his garage.

Edited by kav

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/193648102906?item=193648102906&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565  

35 minutes to go, bid at $15.7K and as suspected, he used his "844" account to shill it up past $15K ($14,911).  A "Small-time Charlie", I figured his number was $15K, but thought he may be thinking more ambitiously. Might make $20K. Depends on the gullibility of the bidders. 

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Depends on the gullibility of the bidders. 

One way to learn abt comic collecting I guess lol