• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2020 at 7:33 PM, kav said:

Didnt slab Hulk 1-2-3-4-5-6 slabs adventure 395 with what looks like rusty staples ??? 
(shrug)

If you click the arrow pointing right [recent feedback ratings] on his feedback page that has all zeros, it still takes you further back to when he was buying comics.  So this dirtbag has been caught in yet another lie.

Screenshot_20200910-154308_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-154254_eBay.jpg

55 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I've put up bundles of 20 superman comics in NM condition from the 1990s for $.99 + shipping on ebay before and had maybe only 5 people even look at the auction over a 5 day period, with no bids.  I'm just going to Goodwill that stuff from now on.  If LCSs had nickel bins I don't even think it would sell.

I've got multiple long boxes of 90s superman garbage in my basement that I won't even waste time taking pics of to sell.  I picked them up as part of a $200 lot that included the full 70's marvel Star Wars run, the Marvel Transformers run, Marvel GI Joe run and others. So the purchase was worth it but I need to unload those 90s rags. I do have a fire pit out back.... hm

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The amazing thing about this is the very little amount of time I actually spent with my "detective" work. Based on the scam itself, the style, the elements, having nothing more than that, the "vibe" of whole thing, I knew exactly what and where to look for the clues. It didn't take any real digging, no real sleuthing, and shockingly little time and effort. Once you figure out how they think based on the "shot", it's easy to find all the nails for the coffin. 

Like all cons, he even attempted to explain his feedback history:

Screenshot_20200910-175240~2.png

17 hours ago, kav said:

I have more than once after buying a collection put the drek longbox out on curb.  "free comics".  

Somebody has the two high bids (protection bid). Now if he's going to shill it again, he'll come in with '844' to push that up until the high bidder's protection bid is surpassed, which will push up the whole. 

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/193648102906?item=193648102906&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

22 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/193648102906?item=193648102906&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565  

35 minutes to go, bid at $15.7K and as suspected, he used his "844" account to shill it up past $15K ($14,911).  A "Small-time Charlie", I figured his number was $15K, but thought he may be thinking more ambitiously. Might make $20K. Depends on the gullibility of the bidders. 

His "844" account is the same account he won the books from neatstuff.  He's not even trying to hide the fact that he's shilling his own books.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164274645577

'844' currently has the high bid.  Will he accidentally win his own auction, or will he retract his "accidental" bid and dump the whole thing on the 2nd highest bidder in the final minute?

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I think there's a good chance that the '361' bidder is not going to pay - they're just making sure no one gets scammed.  '361' has no recent activity and a 98% feedback rating.  That's most likely someone's unused old account - not a real bidder.

361 = bid activity with this seller, 100%

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I think there's a good chance that the '361' bidder is not going to pay - they're just making sure no one gets scammed.  '361' has no recent activity and a 98% feedback rating.  That's most likely someone's unused old account - not a real bidder.

361 = bid activity with this seller, 100%

'361' is the winning bidder.  '844' is the seller, who shilled the price all the way up.  I'm hoping '361' is a "good samaritan" who doesn't care if their (old) Ebay account gets banned because they didn't want anyone to get scammed.  If I had an old account like that, I might have done it myself.  I seriously doubt '361' will pay.

Edited by valiantman

On 9/8/2020 at 10:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Who knows what treasures await in that stack of slabs though....hm

I like to think it's 19 slabbed copies of The Hardy Boys #3.

All graded at 4.5.