• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can an Ebay seller really be this Unaware??? or is it a scam???
5 5

442 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2020 at 11:25 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Although I do love this cover, actually just picked it up this week:

X-Men 234.jpeg

I remember that! The Brood egg inside of him has hatched and is attempting to transform him. It didn't work, though. Wolverine's adamantium-laced skeleton is holding his body together in a human shape, and his healing factor reverses the changes. That broodling is toast!

Edited by tvindy
typo

40 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Have you seen the 1960s TV series, My Favorite Martian? Perfect for a Bill Bixby fan. 

Dont forget Mr Eddie's father!
image.jpeg.d7a1e6af2fedfe0858edc485abc23b71.jpeg

1 hour ago, kustomizer said:
7 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20200911_140416.thumb.jpg.f69226a34bd5dcebaf12d9fe7dc818c6.jpg

Alex Ross for the win, no doubt about that. I think he was only 20 when he did Marvels.

Marvels storywise didnt do much for me-it was just a review of characters much like the last episode of Steinfield.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Marvels storywise didnt do much for me-it was just a review of characters much like the last episode of Steinfield.

I do completely get that. These to me had some amazing artwork. He did many since that still are just awesome. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do completely get that. These to me had some amazing artwork. He did many since that still are just awesome. 

The art was mind boggling.  Even with no story, its worth reading.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

The art was mind boggling.  Even with no story, its worth reading.

Could not agree more. He definitely sold me as many picture books as Hugh Hefner did . :roflmao: still really love his art as you can tell by my image. 

1 minute ago, kustomizer said:

Not really, it was the early Silver Age being told from the point of view of regular onlookers. 

Isnt that a review tho?

1 minute ago, kustomizer said:

Well, more like an alternate view.

Got it.  Yes it was that and as such interesting.  Specially the Gwen Stacy death.

13 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

A LCS (Legends Comics) lost their warehouse space and he is liquidating something like 60 000 comics from the 70's up at a quarter apiece. Sure people are buying bunches but there's still tons and tons of books not selling even at that price. 

just imagine the 90s books---

16 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

A LCS (Legends Comics) lost their warehouse space and he is liquidating something like 60 000 comics from the 70's up at a quarter apiece. Sure people are buying bunches but there's still tons and tons of books not selling even at that price. 

I wonder how much he paid to store these books over the years.  :sick:

17 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

That is just sad.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

just imagine the 90s books---

:censored::frustrated:

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I wonder how much he paid to store these books over the years.  :sick:

Probably a lot less that he will recoup at that low of a price point.  :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, Juno Beach said:

I'd imagine the '70s stuff would have gone quickly, and much of the '80s. But there'd be a massive slow-down at the '90s mark.

Wish I could have been there for that sale. Any chance you could take a photo or two of the stuff that's still sitting there?

Edited by kustomizer
apostrophe was missing

13 hours ago, kustomizer said:

I'd imagine the '70s stuff would have gone quickly, and much of the '80s. But there'd be a massive slow-down at the '90s mark.

Wish I could have been there for that sale. Any chance you could take a photo or two of the stuff that's still sitting there?

He puts out 10 longboxes a day, and it's a total mystery what are in them. There's a lot of treasure in the drek. Next time I'm downtown I'll snap some photos.

1 minute ago, Juno Beach said:

He puts out 10 longboxes a day, and it's a total mystery what are in them. There's a lot of treasure in the drek. Next time I'm downtown I'll snap some photos.

Thanks. I'm way down in Australia, otherwise I'd drive over there myself!