• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Multiple EC Titles for Sale
2 2

37 posts in this topic

I am listing a handful of various EC titles for sale. Anyone wishing to purchase any particular book should respond to that book's specific scan with "sold", and it will be first come, first served. If anyone wishes to negotiate, please don't do it in the thread; rather, PM me. Obviously, any "sold" claims on a book made prior to my ability to get to a message of negotiation tor the same book takes precedent. I may be new here on the CGC Comics forum, but I am not new to collecting or selling comics.

A little about me; I have been collecting since the 70's (not counting the books me and my brother read when we were small kids), and ran a highly rated Ebay account under the name zoso (yes, it's a Led Zeppelin reference) from 1991-1995 with 500+ positive sales of high-grade silver/bronze age comics books. I had a long-time comic buying relationship with the "Bag Man" Steve, who's collection would come to be known as the Monterey pedigree. Some of the standout books I purchased from Steve, slabbed and sold on Ebay were Marvel Spotlight #5 and Iron Man #55, both of which graded at 9.8 white pages. These books, as well as the ones I still have, were not identified as "Monterey" in the 90's (or now). I don't have any keys left, but I still have some very nice nick-knacks that look like they were printed today. 

Each book is a separate transaction (within reason) and shipping is a flat $10 per book. I will use FEDEX or UPS, and packing materials that will protect the book as would be expected. Shipping Insurance required by purchaser for purchases over $1000 (unless otherwise mutually agreed). Payment due within one week of winning a bid. I accept Paypal or personnel checks (check must clear prior to shipping book)/books). All purchased shipped within 5-business days of receiving payment. There is a 14-day return policy on non-slabbed books, no return policy on slabs. All scans are actual scans. Ask any questions you may have in advance.

UPDATE:

The books posted on this thread-

Crime SuspenStories

#11 Grade-8.5 $535

#12 Grade-8.0 $735

#20 Grade- 5.5 Taken

#25 Grade 3.0 $135

#27 Grade-3.0 Taken

Haunt of Fear

#17 Grade-2.0 $365

#21 Grade-6.0 $300

Shock SuspenStories

#10 Grade- 7.0 Taken

#11 Grade-7.0

#16 Grade-4.0 Taken

Vault of Horror

#23 Grade-2.0 Taken

#27 Grade-8.0 

#40 Grade-5.0 Taken

Edited by zoso99
Additional information such as shipping costs and list of books offered. Learning curve.

Very interested in your ECs but being a new poster on the boards you are going to have to come up with some better references. I have no idea who Steve “the bag man” is. Got an eBay account or anybody on here to vouch for you? 

Also, as Buscema said, there are rules you have to follow to sell here. You will get shut down if you don’t...

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Very interested in your ECs but being a new poster on the boards you are going to have to come up with some better references. I have no idea who Steve “the bag man” is. Got an eBay account or anybody on here to vouch for you? 

Also, as Buscema said, there are rules you have to follow to sell here. You will get shut down if you don’t...

And we wouldn't want that to happen, now that we've been teased with two nice EC samples ...

EDIT: Clearance given!! Post away good sir ...

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hi Robot Man. I do have some "vouch". Silver is my brother (older brother) and he has been active on this site for years. I know "inaflash" who said he would also vouch for me. The "Bagman" (he sold comic book bags) was mentioned for context because I have a huge zero next to my name but I did sell some significant books in the 90's. As I put the remaining books i have up from that pedigree, it will make more sense. He had 25,000 books, some of which are the best graded silver-age examples of key books. He passed away quite a while back, I don't know who knew him and who didn't. He was a strange dude though. 

9 minutes ago, zoso99 said:

Hi Robot Man. I do have some "vouch". Silver is my brother (older brother) and he has been active on this site for years. I know "inaflash" who said he would also vouch for me. The "Bagman" (he sold comic book bags) was mentioned for context because I have a huge zero next to my name but I did sell some significant books in the 90's. As I put the remaining books i have up from that pedigree, it will make more sense. He had 25,000 books, some of which are the best graded silver-age examples of key books. He passed away quite a while back, I don't know who knew him and who didn't. He was a strange dude though. 

OK, thanks. This is a small community. And when people come on like this so quick, there is bound to be a little doubt. I don’t know your brother but I am familiar with inaflash. Maybe you could have him come on here with a recommendation. You might get a few more bites. 

Welcome to the boards and please post away! Nice books! 

Yes, welcome to the boards! Easiest way to call your references' attention to the boards is type the @ symbol followed immediately (no spaces) by their board name and a dropdown will appear, allowing you to select from among similar names. A few letters usually does it, but spaces/symbols etc must be exact. @Silver @Inaflash