• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World's Finest Comics #30
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. As a firefighter I usually keep an eye out for comics with fire trucks or firefighters on the cover. I had been looking online for an affordable Batman #96 when I spotted World's Finest Comics #30 with Superman, Batman and Robin riding a firetruck (love it!). I found an affordable issue which I would like to make an offer on. Soooo, I was wondering if the members here could take a look and let me know what they think of the book's condition and value. I'm thinking a .5 due to the large chunk out of the back cover.

IMG_20200906_230758.jpg

IMG_20200906_230737.jpg

IMG_20200906_230815.jpg

10 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Hi everyone. As a firefighter I usually keep an eye out for comics with fire trucks or firefighters on the cover

do you have a Showcase #1 Firefighter cover ?? that is a grail i would like to get someday also ..

i think your Worlds Finest #30 is a 2.0 

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

do you have a Showcase #1 Firefighter cover ?? that is a grail i would like to get someday also ..

i think your Worlds Finest #30 is a 2.0 

Yep! I wound up settling on a coverless Showcase #1 that had a color reprint cover added. Looks great and I can display it in my office at the firehouse.

IMG_20200907_114633.jpg

51 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Did you pick up the issue? It's the kind of book bargain collectors love, a back cover flaw that keeps it around a 2.0, but with mid-grade eye appeal and nice page quality. 

I actually got outbid at the last moment :-(

So I'm still on the hunt for this issue and two other early World's Finest with firefighting covers.