• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible #1 OA Price?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I might be able to get a hold of a first page from Image comics Invincible and was wondering what a first issue page would cost? Page is mint condition but not a big spash or anything special. Obviously not asking for anything specific, just a ball park figure 

Listen to John E. Especially if you have a clear shot at the page with zero competition. Be bold as long as you’re not blowing up your finances. There’s not always an answer even when comps and fair market value exist. This might be the time initiative pays off for down the road.

I'm not sure why but I was a little disingenuous with saying that I was able to buy a page from issue #1 when in fact I actually own two pages from issue #1 and a big splash from issue #2 and an action page from #3. I apologise, please forgive me. I think I may have just been looking for a price without revealing my hand. 

Edited by JumboJumbo

24 minutes ago, JumboJumbo said:

I'm not sure why but I was a little disingenuous with saying that I was able to buy a page from issue #1 when in fact I actually own two pages from issue #1 and a big splash from issue #2 and an action page from #3. I apologise, please forgive me. I think I may have just been looking for a price without revealing my hand. 

All is forgiven. Simply send GrapeApe the “lesser” of the two #1 pages for what you originally paid for them and we’re good! :roflmao:

Listen JumboJumbo better to be straightforward on this board. It’s totally ok to ask for help here especially on valuation. There’s a wide range of collectors/dealers on CGC. 

Without seeing the pages you won’t get the most accurate valuation. Hell even with you might sometimes get the wrong information depending on knowledge and motivation.

Still I’ve found this a great place to get some honest feedback.

Thanks for “coming clean.”

🍇 + 🦍

9 minutes ago, grapeape said:

All is forgiven. Simply send GrapeApe the “lesser” of the two #1 pages for what you originally paid for them and we’re good! :roflmao:

Listen JumboJumbo better to be straightforward on this board. It’s totally ok to ask for help here especially on valuation. There’s a wide range of collectors/dealers on CGC. 

Without seeing the pages you won’t get the most accurate valuation. Hell even with you might sometimes get the wrong information depending on knowledge and motivation.

Still I’ve found this a great place to get some honest feedback.

Thanks for “coming clean.”

🍇 + 🦍

Thank you for understanding. All cards on the table, I'm quite anxious holding these pages which I've had for about 8 years now. I feel now might be the best time to offload a page especially considering they are just sat in art wallets above my wardrobe. 

1st appearance of Titan...

1-11 (2).jpg

17 hours ago, JumboJumbo said:

Thank you for understanding. All cards on the table, I'm quite anxious holding these pages which I've had for about 8 years now. I feel now might be the best time to offload a page especially considering they are just sat in art wallets above my wardrobe. 

1st appearance of Titan...

1-11 (2).jpg

That’s a very representative page from the comic. I would think this would do well at auction. The question is which auction house?

Comic Link would feature this in their main auction and you could get it in with plenty of time for exposure.

Heritage: some question about where (maybe not Signature eligible?)it would be featured. 

Hey board friends!!! Thoughts?

Potential Valuation?

Should this go to auction? Which one?

I think an auction is your best bet to explore finding the public’s appetite ($$$). I would buy it but honestly in fairness to you I think you should auction it.

I never read the book so I couldn’t tell you what each page might be worth. I think it’s best to auction it. My first instinct is to go ComicLink; I feel like it would get drowned out in Heritage. Or maybe it will do really well on Heritage, only that you need to send them $5k worth of consignments. You might try auctioning just one to see how it performs. Chances are you’re going make more than you paid anyway even if it “doesn’t do well.”

5 hours ago, John E. said:

As someone who sells and buys art from eBay I can go on and on about this.

I don't know man--you're not going to like hearing this. Don't think of this as some anonymous punk behind a keyboard but rather as tough love. The fact that you don't know the Invincible market, that you were deceitful, and now suggesting eBay, tells me you really don't know what you're doing. I would suggest contacting ComicLink about what you have and letting the professionals get the most out of your art for you. If you do this yourself, via eBay or "classifieds" you're going to get taken advantage of.

I have no idea what I'm doing! :insane: But that's why I came here, I appreciate the advice. I was deceitful and I apologise for that but it was never my intention. I'm just very anxious about owning these pages and allowing people to know that I own them. It was a judgement error on my part and I'll live with it. 

I'll get in touch with ComicLink, thank you!