• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Badge of Justice #2 7.0 - only graded copy of a 3 issue Charlton crime series.  It's a Code book from June 1955, but just barely.  If it looks like it has a GA vibe, it's because it's a swipe from a Fox crime book, Murder Incorporated #14 from 1949.  Charlton used to be the publisher everyone laughed at; now 10 cent Charltons are red hot simply because they are incredibly hard to find in nice shape.  A quirky and cool book, it's sought after because it is never seen.  It's only been sold once publicly for $516 in Nov 2018.  Two years later, with nice crime on the upswing, I'm looking for $750.

Edited by Dr. Love

Crime Does Not Pay #31 6.0 - Nine in the census, with the highest graded at 8.0.  Which happens to be the Mile High copy, but - it has 4 extra staples added!  There's a lot of Biro crime covers for Lev Gleason, and this is considered one of the sought after ones cause it's fun, funny, and funky.  Old school label, very nice page quality - actually, I don't get the grade, because to me it looks like at least an 8.0 all day long.  This book very rarely comes up for sale in any grade, and except for the Church copy, the last time it sold publicly in a GPA source was this copy four years ago for $167.  I'm looking for $375.   SOLD

image.thumb.jpeg.59efa5680f2ee8f3e3339a0a2dd2ad4b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1a43311f2a6caa50eb9dfc1ad59a7e.jpeg

Edited by Dr. Love

Gang Busters #8 8.5, Crippen Copy - old timey fatty 52 page DC crime from 1949.  I love this Dan Barry cover, it's got a real film noir look.  Seven on the census, this one is tied with another for 3rd highest graded.  This book sold for $125 seven years ago, and a slightly higher 9.0 just sold recently for $216.  With that in mind, I'm looking for $185  $225 firm

So, I just took another look at this book, and I've gotta say - it's in terrific shape.  These fat DC's usually roll, but not this guy.  Some may not dig some white spine, but if you look at the back cover and where the black edge line lies, you'll see that's just the way this got printed out.  I'm a stickler for tight staples with no play where they insert, and this is spectacular in that respect.  And there's not a single tic along the black part of the cover which runs all the way from top to bottom.  Call me crazy, but I've just got to change the price to an "I don't care if it doesn't sell" number. 

Edited by Dr. Love

Mr. District Attorney #36 6.5 - only graded copy.  I just think it's a cool book, I like searchlight covers and this one is a great one.  No recorded price history on this one.  I'm looking for $100.   SOLD

image.thumb.jpeg.43339e785efb641c48a12ffd5081f079.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3bd16e2d97101a682ad828b1b263958.jpeg

Edited by Dr. Love

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

Crime Does Not Pay #31 6.0 - Nine in the census, with the highest graded at 8.0.  Which happens to be the Mile High copy, but - it has 4 extra staples added!  There's a lot of Biro crime covers for Lev Gleason, and this is considered one of the sought after ones cause it's fun, funny, and funky.  Old school label, very nice page quality - actually, I don't get the grade, because to me it looks like at least an 8.0 all day long.  This book very rarely comes up for sale in any grade, and except for the Church copy, the last time it sold publicly in a GPA source was this copy four years ago for $167.  I'm looking for $375.

image.thumb.jpeg.59efa5680f2ee8f3e3339a0a2dd2ad4b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1a43311f2a6caa50eb9dfc1ad59a7e.jpeg

Take!

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Gang Busters #8 8.5, Crippen Copy - old timey fatty 52 page DC crime from 1949.  I love this Dan Barry cover, it's got a real film noir look.  Seven on the census, this one is tied with another for 3rd highest graded.  This book sold for $125 seven years ago, and a slightly higher 9.0 just sold recently for $216.  With that in mind, I'm looking for $185  $225 firm

So, I just took another look at this book, and I've gotta say - it's in terrific shape.  These fat DC's usually roll, but not this guy.  Some may not dig some white spine, but if you look at the back cover and where the black edge line lies, you'll see that's just the way this got printed out.  I'm a stickler for tight staples with no play where they insert, and this is spectacular in that respect.  And there's not a single tic along the black part of the cover which runs all the way from top to bottom.  Call me crazy, but I've just got to change the price to an "I don't care if it doesn't sell" number. 

image.thumb.jpeg.84a244f7ac07ef2b557918a191cdb3e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43762e58b2f2c359ad14b819af443daf.jpeg

Price increased? :)