• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC adding on shipping charges... from Fall 2019?
2 2

110 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, slowdowntubby said:

Update for my particular problem: Harshen reached out and has informed me CGC has applied a $200 credit to my account. He explicitly said they shouldn't have been charging for old freight from 2019 and did extend an apology. I've thanked them for their prompt attention. 

Hopefully this incident leads to more transparency in their billing practices down the line. That's really the most important thing for me. I shouldn't have to be playing detective to make sure I'm being billed accurately. I fear for the other accounts who do a lot of submissions but maybe don't pay as close attention to billing as I do.

For a company whose sole product (beyond a piece of hard plastic) is their perceived reputation for accuracy and fairness, trust is everything. Making this right for me goes a long way to restoring that trust. 

^^

Awesome! @Crops068

On 9/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, slowdowntubby said:

Update for my particular problem: Harshen reached out and has informed me CGC has applied a $200 credit to my account. He explicitly said they shouldn't have been charging for old freight from 2019 and did extend an apology. I've thanked them for their prompt attention. 

Hopefully this incident leads to more transparency in their billing practices down the line. That's really the most important thing for me. I shouldn't have to be playing detective to make sure I'm being billed accurately. I fear for the other accounts who do a lot of submissions but maybe don't pay as close attention to billing as I do.

For a company whose sole product (beyond a piece of hard plastic) is their perceived reputation for accuracy and fairness, trust is everything. Making this right for me goes a long way to restoring that trust. 

I'm going to assume they gave you an option ... credit or refund. A credit probably wouldn't be acceptable to some people.

4 hours ago, Gaard said:

I'm going to assume they gave you an option ... credit or refund. A credit probably wouldn't be acceptable to some people.

No option was given, but since I continue to do submissions the credit is fine. Of course now I have to stay on top of them to make sure it's actually applied on my next submission.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:21 PM, blazingbob said:

For disclosure purposes.  I have a UPS account.  When I have my books shipped back to me they are charging my UPS account on file so I may not be the right person to comment on this.

If there were any adjustments to my account they would have been generated by UPS adjusting a dimension of package fee or CGC underweighing the package.  I do not have any CGC generated UPS adjustments to billing statements.

That being said one recommendation from me is to get your own UPS account.  Not that hard to do.  

Eliminates CGC estimated shipping costs, adjustments etc.  If you have Collector's insurance your shipments from CGC are covered under your own insurance.  One advantage to having it.  

Aside from transparency on charges (and collector's insurance, which I need to read up on), are there any benefits on using your own UPS account? Are CGC's UPS charges higher (do they make money off it) or lower (are their negotiated charges cheaper)? May need to look into this.

Here's a big old lol  follow up to my situation. 

After seeing my posts here, on September 11 Harshen offered me a $180 credit to cover the overcharge. I pointed out I was overcharged $197.52, not $180. He acknowledged that and said he would therefore apply a $200 credit, not $180. 

I sent in submissions a couple weeks ago and, wait for it.... was credited $180. 

What a time to be alive.

14 hours ago, slowdowntubby said:

After seeing my posts here, on September 11 Harshen offered me a $180 credit to cover the overcharge. I pointed out I was overcharged $197.52, not $180. He acknowledged that and said he would therefore apply a $200 credit, not $180. 

I sent in submissions a couple weeks ago and, wait for it.... was credited $180. 

What a time to be alive.

To say I am shocked would be a lie. :(

On 10/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, slowdowntubby said:

What a time to be alive.

The saga continues.... just had to call in to CGC this week about my $20 credit, which sadly I am not surprised to say was not applied on my latest submission. They also charged me $90 for shipping that should have been billed to my own Fedex account (I switched over to self-billing last year after the first ordeal).

Accounting fixed it right away for me, admitted both mistakes, and was super pleasant. But still, this has to be a message for anyone who does a good number of submissions: Stay on top of your invoices. Match the charges to your records. Do not trust that CGC is getting it right on their own. 

8 hours ago, slowdowntubby said:

The saga continues.... just had to call in to CGC this week about my $20 credit, which sadly I am not surprised to say was not applied on my latest submission. They also charged me $90 for shipping that should have been billed to my own Fedex account (I switched over to self-billing last year after the first ordeal).

Accounting fixed it right away for me, admitted both mistakes, and was super pleasant. But still, this has to be a message for anyone who does a good number of submissions: Stay on top of your invoices. Match the charges to your records. Do not trust that CGC is getting it right on their own. 

FlimsyHeftyAmazondolphin-max-1mb.gif