• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

230 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Thanks! I honestly have no idea if I overpaid for it lol, but I don’t ever intend to sell unless upgrading to a Supes page. It seems like everything that isn’t a Supes page or the centerfold (I’ve never seen the centerfold for sale mind you) go for not that much. You can get just about any other page from what I’ve gathered in solid condition for $1500-$2500, and those kinds of pages brittle can go for as little as $800-$1200. 

I agree and the Zatara splash is amazing. First Zatara!!  Just looked at GPA and 4150$ seems right it with great visuals and pq.

7 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I can’t remember if it was this page, or maybe even this exact page that you ended up purchasing, but a Supes page sold on eBay a year or two ago for about $7K or $8K. The seller originally had it at like $10K, I messaged offering around $6K and he said he would lower the price $500 each day until someone bought it. Well, someone eventually bought it and wasn’t me lol. I still massively regret not getting that page. I feel like it was this page once again, but it could have been page 4, can’t remember. Anyway, I’m super jealous of yours 😁

Actually i think it was page 2 it had nice pq but a bit tattered. it sold a few months earlier for 9500$ at CC event auction and then the owner put it up on ebay.  sold 6995$ I think he would have gotten alot more in an auction at comicconnect. Even more if he waited for longer than a few months.

4 hours ago, zen514 said:

Actually i think it was page 2 it had nice pq but a bit tattered. it sold a few months earlier for 9500$ at CC event auction and then the owner put it up on ebay.  sold 6995$ I think he would have gotten alot more in an auction at comicconnect. Even more if he waited for longer than a few months.

I feel like it wasn't page 2 just from what I remember. The amount sounds correct though. I messaged him back and forth, and I save all my ebay messages through my gmail when they come, but of course I can't find these haha. Anyway, someone got a solid deal. 

45 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

Does a single page like this have any real value?

IMG    MORE FUN #101 SUPERBOY   PAC  (200 dpi).jpg

Umm, More Fun Comics 101 (1st Superboy) is definitely a cool book. It appears a coverless complete copy would likely cost around $300-$500. So I don't think any single page in that book by itself would be worth too much, but if you were going to own a particular page, this is definitely THE page to own. I mean 1st Superboy page is a cool one with the origin element and everything. I can't imagine it would be worth more then $100-$150, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I feel like it wasn't page 2 just from what I remember. The amount sounds correct though. I messaged him back and forth, and I save all my ebay messages through my gmail when they come, but of course I can't find these haha. Anyway, someone got a solid deal. 

If those were the prices it was definitely Page 2. 

Page 4 was a brittle and sold years prior like 3-4... For cheap before people realized pages were cool. aka like joker paged from Batman 1, Any page from ac1, tec27, etc

I just picked up another page showing the first appearance of Catwoman. (I’ve now got two of this exact page). Up until this page, she only appeared in disguise as an old woman. Batman catches wise to her and the vibe gets pretty pervy after that. I believe the big fella is smitten . . . 

FD3E6113-8538-4ACA-A613-53645466D8C4.jpeg

A6768459-E5D4-466B-AF30-E0E6F9CE9D7E.jpeg

On 9/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, N e r V said:

I was very surprised this was a “thing” when I first found out about it. But I wouldn’t purchase a book with rust, heavy foxing, super tan pages/cover, brittle pages, pages missing, coupons cut, or books that are really ugly like so many .05’s are regardless if they are rare and super keys or not and yet there are buyers for all of these. Probably a few more things that would push my money elsewhere. It just gets to the point where I’d rather own a near minty 1967 Camaro SS vs owning the tires or misc. parts from a 1963 Ferrari GTO or a old Bugatti that is 90% rusted into pieces to use a vintage car analogy.

That said who am I to demonize a market if there are buyers? I’m sure it’s probably taken on an “art” aspect too since I’m assuming buyers are hanging their pages like pictures. So it’s certainly a worthy thread and I admit to enjoying looking at some of the better pages posters have...:)

My 67 with a 536 411 rear end 4 speed 11.63 122mph 1320 feet. Wife 68 468 373 rear end turbo 400 12.63 1320 feet both RS SS made from pieces. 

My-Camaro-7.jpg

Theresa 1968 camaro.png

18 minutes ago, zen514 said:

If those were the prices it was definitely Page 2. 

Page 4 was a brittle and sold years prior like 3-4... For cheap before people realized pages were cool. aka like joker paged from Batman 1, Any page from ac1, tec27, etc

Maybe it was 4 then, but I don't recall it being brittle.

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

My 67 with a 536 411 rear end 4 speed 11.63 122mph 1320 feet. Wife 68 468 373 rear end turbo 400 12.63 1320 feet both RS SS made from pieces. 

My-Camaro-7.jpg

Theresa 1968 camaro.png

I have a 1967 rs with the 327. Fun to look at for sure but I’m over driving vintage cars. Just not that fun vs newer models. I commute in a 2014 FRS Monogram which is a blast to drive. My 67 Camaro sits in OC at my cousins house who build race cars and there I’ll probably leave it....

75EC4769-430C-4070-B720-2A8A1B9CA1F7.thumb.jpeg.8b121c9916a9f370b204ce619d798790.jpeg

475B873A-1A0D-4A9D-AE24-4EE8A89D333E.thumb.jpeg.5555197d62fbdd966bbfc37a2d2c9342.jpeg

Edited by N e r V

One of the good things that the parting out of single-pages has done for our hobby is it has increased the desirability and rarity of complete, and even mostly-complete books.

Lets face it, if GA books were as plentiful as BA books, they wouldn’t be nearly as cool or enjoyable to own. Rarity drives desirability in a very big way.

27 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I have a 1967 rs with the 327. Fun to look at for sure but I’m over driving vintage cars. Just not that fun vs newer models. I commute in a 2014 FRS Monogram which is a blast to drive. My 67 Camaro sits in OC at my cousins house who build race cars and there I’ll probably leave it....

75EC4769-430C-4070-B720-2A8A1B9CA1F7.thumb.jpeg.8b121c9916a9f370b204ce619d798790.jpeg

475B873A-1A0D-4A9D-AE24-4EE8A89D333E.thumb.jpeg.5555197d62fbdd966bbfc37a2d2c9342.jpeg

You look good in sandals N e r v  and ya the old cars nothing like new

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Maybe it was 4 then, but I don't recall it being brittle.

Page 2 was the one u saw and it was tattered. Great pq off white though

Page 4 brittle never resold. I know since ive been following and sold page brittle;)

Would pick up in a NY minute for the price it sold for