• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Praise of Single Pages
6 6

230 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I just picked up another page showing the first appearance of Catwoman. (I’ve now got two of this exact page). Up until this page, she only appeared in disguise as an old woman. Batman catches wise to her and the vibe gets pretty pervy after that. I believe the big fella is smitten . . . 

FD3E6113-8538-4ACA-A613-53645466D8C4.jpeg

A6768459-E5D4-466B-AF30-E0E6F9CE9D7E.jpeg

What a coincidence. I also have 2 of this page. Mine are still stuck with all the other pages they came with originally. :bigsmile:

9 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

What a coincidence. I also have 2 of this page. Mine are still stuck with all the other pages they came with originally. :bigsmile:

You’ve got 2 Bat 1s??!!

p.s. don’t think, in all my excitement, that I missed your point. I can feel you judging me.

:baiting:

23 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

No one is touching the Tec 27 CF at comic connect for 30k.  High offer 10k.  Great looking quality page too. 

Action 1 CF sold for 39k with great PQ

The 10k is a steal. I would take it for 10k

Just needs someone who needs a centerfold to complete his copy and voila 30k and more if the market on tec 27k keeps rising.

30k investment that will bring 70k -100k in extra value and completing a Tec 27 sounds good 

24 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Action 1 CF sold for 39k with great PQ

The 10k is a steal. I would take it for 10k

Just needs someone who needs a centerfold to complete his copy and voila 30k and more if the market on tec 27k keeps rising.

30k investment that will bring 70k -100k in extra value and completing a Tec 27 sounds good 

The last centerfold was for sale on Comicconnect about 3-5 years ago for $17K, and you could throw out offers of course. I followed it closely and there was never any offers, eventually it was taken down. The owner of this one wants $20K. He very well may get it, but you’re right it would take someone who needs to complete their copy, because I have a tough time justifying the centerfold being worth much more than one of the Batman pages, and those go for $10K-$14K.

58 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The last centerfold was for sale on Comicconnect about 3-5 years ago for $17K, and you could throw out offers of course. I followed it closely and there was never any offers, eventually it was taken down. The owner of this one wants $20K. He very well may get it, but you’re right it would take someone who needs to complete their copy, because I have a tough time justifying the centerfold being worth much more than one of the Batman pages, and those go for $10K-$14K.

I would take it for 10k also wait and hold on it. He just needs the person that is missing a cf. As we all know its the part along with cover that is always missing.

Why would you buy it if you dont have a missing cf copy?

17 minutes ago, zen514 said:

I would take it for 10k also wait and hold on it. He just needs the person that is missing a cf. As we all know its the part along with cover that is always missing.

I wouldn’t. You may be stuck with a ship that never comes in

35 minutes ago, zen514 said:

The $10K offer was from me. Unfortunately he wants a lot more than that so not going to happen. The reason I offered $10K, and would maybe do as high as $14K -$15K is because I have an incomplete Tec 27. I don’t see the advantage of getting a centerfold for $20K considering I’m missing all the Batman pages. If I had the Batman pages then yes, I’d probably spend more to get this centerfold.

EF082B92-324E-432E-9AD6-4AD2622DB070.jpeg

899E94A7-20A3-450F-B5A6-3936843F4D3F.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

24 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The $10K offer was from me. Unfortunately he wants a lot more than that so not going to happen. The reason I offered $10K, and would maybe do as high as $14K -$15K is because I have an incomplete Tec 27. I don’t see the advantage of getting a centerfold for $20K considering I’m missing all the Batman pages. If I had the Batman pages then yes, I’d probably spend more to get this centerfold.

EF082B92-324E-432E-9AD6-4AD2622DB070.jpeg

899E94A7-20A3-450F-B5A6-3936843F4D3F.jpeg

Very cool!!! hope u find the 3 batman pages!!!  

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Me to! 😂 They’re both tough and expensive to come by 😁

Well worth it. Also only 3 pages and not 7 like Action Comics 1... On the bright side😂

And Yes 20k CF would be great if you had all the Batman Pages 😉

40k+++ if you Had the front cover

3 hours ago, zen514 said:

Well worth it. Also only 3 pages and not 7 like Action Comics 1... On the bright side😂

And Yes 20k CF would be great if you had all the Batman Pages 😉

40k+++ if you Had the front cover

Oh the front cover, what a dream that would be 🤗. I’ve never even seen a loose one for sale.

Edited by LDarkseid1

7 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

A Detective Comics #27 front cover would sell for a lot more than 40K.

I don’t disagree and never said it would sell for $40K. I was just saying it would be awesome to get one. It was Zen who said a cover would sell for $40K ++++++++. I would think the condition of the cover would definitely play a role, but if we’re talking a beautiful complete or near complete cover, would likely be closer to $75K-$100K.

17 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Zen was talking about added value on a Frankenstein book.  Darkseid. What pages are u missing besides FC CF & Bats ??

Pages 4, 29 and 30. There’s like a handful of pages available out there, but not these 😞. There is a page 30 from the Jerry Robinson collection, but it’s brittle and pricier due to the collection element. Well a nice cream to off white page 30 sold on eBay a while ago. I know who sold it and tried to see if he could put me in touch with the buyer in case I could entice them to sell. But dude won’t help me out 😒🤷‍♂️.

Edited by LDarkseid1

18 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I don’t disagree and never said it would sell for $40K. I was just saying it would be awesome to get one. It was Zen who said a cover would sell for $40K ++++++++. I would think the condition of the cover would definitely play a role, but if we’re talking a beautiful complete or near complete cover, would likely be closer to $75K-$100K.

I meant if you had the front cover then the cf would be 40k in value since you could complete your Grail

18 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

A full front cover in nice unrestored 100k

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Pages 4, 29 and 30. There’s like a handful of pages available out there, but not these 😞. There is a page 30 from the Jerry Robinson collection, but it’s brittle and pricier due to the collection element. Well a nice cream to off white page 30 sold on eBay a while ago. I know who sold it and tried to see if he could put me in touch with the buyer in case I could entice them to sell. But dude won’t help me out 😒🤷‍♂️.

You are real close ! Never seen a front cover as well.  I offered, comic connect 15 K for that center fold page but the seller wasn’t interested.  I just can’t see going above that. 

15 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

You are real close ! Never seen a front cover as well.  I offered, comic connect 15 K for that center fold page but the seller wasn’t interested.  I just can’t see going above that. 

Thanks yeah I’m not super far off. My perfect scenario would be to get pages 4, 29, 30 and 1 Batman page. That would be amazing! As far as the centerfold goes you offered $5K more than me lol. Like I said, they told me he wants $20K and there’s no way I’m paying that. I honestly would be right at your price point of $15K at my max, and I suspect at auction it might not even sell for that. So it’s gonna sit. I’d rather put my money towards a Batman page for $10K-$14K.

Edited by LDarkseid1