• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who drew this hulk picture?
2 2

153 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

I've no idea why they've given so much space to PM (Pablo Marcos. I think).  Apart from Mighty World of Marvel covers for British Marvel, I don't remember him ever drawing the Hulk.

Talking of MWOM, and Rampaging Hulk magazine, Jim Starlin did a great version of the character.  I’d have chosen him rather than Marcos.

Edited by Ken Aldred

13 hours ago, N e r V said:

I think it’s based on his UK work and his various drawings over the years in general and not tied to doing it as series.  They kind of suggest that too as it’s a chance to see different artists versions. I’d have given Ditko an honorable mention myself although there’s little work there too but he did an interesting version on his own and completely changing Kirbys version when he inked it.

C73879E9-77FD-459A-A5AC-DCFC78285FA6.jpeg.9ab50df4f81b40c635eb29e636146705.jpeg

Ditko had changed the original Kirby rendition of what Lee had given him for Spider-man, and it of course became what we would come to know as the definitive Spider-man, and.... as you mention, he also had a hand in changing the Hulk into the character we would come to know with that short 8 issue (1/2 stories) run in Tales to Astonish. 

Definitely agree: smaller body of work, but worth an honorable mention.

4 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

Here's the original version of the multi-artist pin-up, from Marvel Treasury Edition #5.

08abe481928fe762bb9b94d57d8e9dff.jpg

Not my era but this image used on his own books covers later is the definitive looking SA Hulk to me. Kind of a silly pose if you stop and think about it too...:nyah:

5D6E770E-475B-4B30-9E39-4CDDE26AA1A3.thumb.jpeg.a4e3af39c198976a361195a44d361409.jpeg

On 9/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, kav said:

Looks like ol Hulk finally broke his wrist punching something.  Dang his neck snapped too-

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 8.15.53 PM.png

Master strokes, if I do say so myself.

Just look at the dynamics in those inks! 

Spoiler

Nobody noticed the 4 toed Hulk, I guess.

Speaking of master strokes, here my piece du resistance...I introduce to you the very sexy Tigra.  See how Frank captures the silky, smooth prowess of the jungle huntress?  Practically comes out of the story board and wraps her claws around you.  Bravo, grand master Robbins!

image.png.c9bf8da9aa59a622bdc487188747d4ec.png

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

Speaking of master strokes, here my piece du resistance...I introduce to you the very sexy Tigra.  See how Frank captures the silky, smooth prowess of the jungle huntress?  Practically comes out of the story board and wraps her claws around you.  Bravo, grand master Robbins!

Editor to Robbins when he turned this in:
"Is this a joke?"

3 minutes ago, piper said:

Is this not Sal?

I dont think its sal as the eyes not beady and mouth not gaping trapezoid.

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

That might be the best Robbins I’ve seen.:insane: