• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers Insert Variants - Date Stamps - MVS
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering who collects these. I have two long boxes and a short box with these. I also like Pizazz Ads, Mennen, Alka seltzer, Bubble Yum ads. Really any comic with an insert, poster, something that makes it unique. Just recently I got into date stamps. There are so many of them, different codes. I have several with the store stamp, some with what looks like UK Pence stamp, some just like 3 numbers, some PAID - I would like to know more about the stamps. I have a friend that ordered a MVS history i know there was Series A and B - I had a list of the MVS at some point. I did read from a thread there are 692 MJV's out there. I would love to see a complete list. I am a true collector with these oddities. I did find an original letter questionnaire in an Aquaman 61 that was interesting. Anybody else know about the "star" located at or over the price of the comic, that notates it is a MJV. Any information about these oddities. Thanks, Nathan - South Carolina

4 hours ago, hamiltonnathan said:

Anybody else know about the "star" located at or over the price of the comic, that notates it is a MJV. Any information about these oddities. Thanks, Nathan - South Carolina

Just a point of clarification, the “star” stamp does not denote the comic contains an insert, only that the comic was sold through a military run bookstore or AAFES store.

Welcome to the CGC boards. Check out the links provided above and also the Bronze Comics area. There’s several interesting threads on MJI’s and related subjects.