• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

20 posts in this topic

Typical :rulez: apply. :takeit: in the thread trumps any PM negotiations unless both parties have responded in agreement.

Shipping: Orders Under $1000: Graded Comics $14.95 for 1st items, $1.00 for each additional item. Raw Comics $7.50 for the 1st Comic, $1.00 for each additional comic. Orders over $1k: Ship Free

Returns: No questions asked if the return is initiated within 3 days of receiving the book. Book must be returned in the same condition as it was received. CGC books must show no signs of tampering.

Payment: Paypal, payment must be received within 3 days of purchase. Check, Venmo, Zelle, or wire available as forms of payment as well, please contact me before purchasing.

Edited by Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot

Thank you, fellas. I am open to offers. A friend of mine texted me and said that there was an 8.5 offered up to him at $25k more recently. I may keep it as I was just putting this up to avoid any financial strain/chance to take on debt with some art I bought. But if you are serious and want to start a conversion, feel free to DM me.

23 minutes ago, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:

A friend of mine texted me and said that there was an 8.5 offered up to him at $25k more recently.

Half of the Go-Collect Multiplier? He must have snapped that up instantly, huh?

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

20-25K (tending more towards 20) for an 8.5 probably makes sense given 8.0 sales, but hey I don't follow GA batman books all that much.

How do you follow sales on a book that hasn't sold in three years? 3 years is a looong time in comics.

1 minute ago, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:
5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

20-25K (tending more towards 20) for an 8.5 probably makes sense given 8.0 sales, but hey I don't follow GA batman books all that much.

How do you follow sales on a book that hasn't sold in three years? 3 years is a looong time in comics.

Since you asked, here is how I would do it -

The last 8.0 sold for around $10,000 in 2017.

A 6.0 sold for $3250 in 2020 after a similarly graded copy sold for $5500 in 2018. That is an odd drop and there are many reasons why that could have happened.

Two different 5.0 copies sold in 2020 for around $2200 each. That leads me to believe that $3500 for a 6.0 is probably about right.

The last 4.0 sale at $1200 also supports that. And each of those sales are trending downward from previous sales.

Next I look at the census and see that there are five 8.0 copies and five 8.5 copies. If the book is trending downward then the pessimist in me says the $10,000 8.0 sale in 2017 is probably a little higher than what the same book would realize now. But I am also stubborn so I wouldn't price it any less than $10K. So let's say I put a $12K price on the 8.0 with the expectation that I would settle for $10-$11K. So where would that leave a really pretty 8.5? My guess would be $15- $17K.

But the beauty is that you can price your book at whatever price you feel comfortable with - as long as it isn't the Go-Collect Multiplier!

15 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A 6.0 sold for $3250 in 2020 after a similarly graded copy sold for $5500 in 2018. That is an odd drop and there are many reasons why that could have happened.

Two different 5.0 copies sold in 2020 for around $2200 each. That leads me to believe that $3500 for a 6.0 is probably about right.

The last 4.0 sale at $1200 also supports that. And each of those sales are trending downward from previous sales.

Next I look at the census and see that there are five 8.0 copies and five 8.5 copies. If the book is trending downward then the pessimist in me says the $10,000 8.0 sale in 2017 is probably a little higher than what the same book would realize now. But I am also stubborn so I wouldn't price it any less than $10K. So let's say I put a $12K price on the 8.0 with the expectation that I would settle for $10-$11K. So where would that leave a really pretty 8.5? My guess would be $15- $17K.

But the beauty is that you can price your book at whatever price you feel comfortable with - as long as it isn't the Go-Collect Multiplier!

Thank you Richard.

I was going to post again something along those lines (I actually did but then sent via PM instead) but

a- dont want to get a strike/sanction

b- dont follow GA batman books all that much *cough*

Also to mention the 8.0 sale of 2017 was 1.5k less (diff copy) than the 8.0 sale in 2016

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Don't knock the GoCollect Multiplier!!!

I understand, but there is something to say when the highest copy is only a 9.0, with only 12 copies 8.0 or higher out of like 125 subs on a blue chip title. But maybe I will just let you and Gotham Kid price my Batman books from now on.

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Thank you Richard.

I was going to post something along those lines but

a- dont want to get a strike/sanction

b- dont follow GA batman books all that much *cough*

Also you should mention the 8.0 sale of 2017 was 1.5k less (diff copy) than the 8.0 sale in 2016

Again, I will reach out to you next time. So many high-grade copies of this are being passed around. I need someone more informed to help me out.

6 minutes ago, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:

I understand, but there is something to say when the highest copy is only a 9.0, with only 12 copies 8.0 or higher out of like 125 subs on a blue chip title. But maybe I will just let you and Gotham Kid price my Batman books from now on.

Listen, I feel for you. I know how hard it is to price high grade books that are under-represented on GPA and at or near the top of the census. There is a fine line decision to be made because once it is sold you will probably never have a chance to sell a copy like it ever again. My only real point here is to poke fun at using Go-Collect as part of the equation. This is the first time I have ever seen it used - and the resulting price just made me giggle.

3 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Listen, I feel for you. I know how hard it is to price high grade books that are under-represented on GPA and at or near the top of the census. There is a fine line decision to be made because once it is sold you will probably never have a chance to sell a copy like it ever again. My only real point here is to poke fun at using Go-Collect as part of the equation. This is the first time I have ever seen it used - and the resulting price just made me giggle.

It's all good. I wouldn't have started so aggressive if it wasn't for the census numbers/title/cover. Usually, when someone really wants something like this they will write me and say "I'm not doing that, but I would give you this." I wasn't expecting to come back and see an I'll take it. Although I know people that do that on books they have been hunting awhile. Oh, and the GoCollect multiplier just solidified where it needed to be haha.