• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Maybe it is the Brooklyn Italian American in me...

I personally believe that @dylanthekid is a liar, a fraud, a cheat, a genuinely dishonest individual who is not to be trusted in any capacity.   I personally believe that given his past actions I would not put it past him to send in damaged books and claim that CGC damaged them as restitution for pressuring him to take back the mislabeled ASMs that were sold earlier this year. 

I have other choice words about him and his character but the CGC filters won't let them pass. 

The evidence does support this theory... 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Close enough to look in my eyyyyee sharona :whistle: 

because it came on the radio! :x 

Sharona can do what she wants!

I think there are realistically a few options for what happened here:

1. Dylan legitimately had books damaged by CGC. Books do get damaged at CGC on occasion, but I am reasonably sure that they're cognizant enough of this particular issue to exercise special care. Also, believing this is what actually happened would requiring believing Dylan is being forthright and honest. I don't think I have that in me.
  2. Dylan legitimately had books damaged, but they were damaged in transit because either he or his presser (if different) do not know how to pack books.
  3. Dylan legitimately had books damaged, but they were damaged by his presser (who might very well just be Dylan himself) because they don't know how to press books safely.
  4. The before and after pictures do not represent the same books, and this is a sad, sad attempt at simple fraud.

Combinations are possible!

3 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

So Dylan is going on a tangent on IG this morning...is there anyone here who believes that CGC did anything wrong, we’ve seen this submitters practices over the last few months...it’s becoming a huge issue for our hobby.

“ dylanuniversecomics_ CGC accepted my two Amazing Fantasy 15s with fully-attached-covers for walk-through grading and damaged both of them by fully detaching the covers.  This resulted in a decline in value of about $60k, according to the CGC labels I packaged these very carefully and paid over $2k  to grade because of insurance, where CGC now refuses to pay.. They've said that my irrefutable "before" pictures are not "convincing."

They detached both staples of both books and I'm very upset. I work very hard to make a living and I'm not gonna let a corporation steal from me.

I think this picture is pretty darn convincing..We all saw Matt Nelson's  video in which he so roughly handled that Superman #1. Of course, if you handle a book like a telephone book the covers could detach.

Many of us know of other horror stories of CGC of damaging books and not taking any responsibility.

Please share this everywhere, and call them and tell them this is not ok. Ask to speak to Matt, Harshen, or Brittany. Leave messages. Use #67.

Their # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

Because if my $60k doesn't get paid back,  they won't pay you when they damage your comics that are $600, $6,000, or $600,000.

If I don't get restitution, we as a comic book community #igcomicfam say it is OK for CGC to damage our comic books and not pay us. Let them know that it's not OK!. 

Think carefully about sending books to CGC unless you have an A+ lawyer ready because you will have to fight like hell to get paid when your precious books get damaged.. 

Imagine how much harder my fight would be if I did not have photos of before-grading.

Spread this like wildfire because your comics are at stake here, too. 

The world is watching...

-Dylan “

556901C1-F7CB-43DB-AEA8-818AC07E5B5C.png

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I think there are realistically a few options for what happened here:

1. Dylan legitimately had books damaged by CGC. Books do get damaged at CGC on occasion, but I am reasonably sure that they're cognizant enough of this particular issue to exercise special care. Also, believing this is what actually happened would requiring believing Dylan is being forthright and honest. I don't think I have that in me.
  2. Dylan legitimately had books damaged, but they were damaged in transit because either he or his presser (if different) do not know how to pack books.
  3. Dylan legitimately had books damaged, but they were damaged by his presser (who might very well just be Dylan himself) because they don't know how to press books safely.
  4. The before and after pictures do not represent the same books, and this is a sad, sad attempt at simple fraud.

Combinations are possible!

+1

While I have no Earthly idea what exactly is going on here, I did watch the Superman 1 "handling" video...and it scared the mess out of me...and I have also heard from multiple other sources that have had books damaged by CGC...so while I don't have any clue on the specific details or happenings of this event...I also DO NOT trust CGC to have any kind of quality control in the slightest...and instead have seen/heard several cases of them covering up/hiding/not owning up for their mistakes in the past...even going so far as to remove complaints posted by customers who had legitimate beefs and were attempting warn other people...sooooo they don't have the best track record of "being honest" either IMO...

45 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I personally believe that @dylanthekid is a liar, a fraud, a cheat, a genuinely dishonest individual who is not to be trusted in any capacity.

I hate it when people sit on the fence. 

1 minute ago, Top City Comics said:

+1

While I have no Earthly idea what exactly is going on here, I did watch the Superman 1 "handling" video...and it scared the mess out of me...and I have also heard from multiple other sources that have had books damaged by CGC...so while I don't have any clue on the specific details or happenings of this event...I also DO NOT trust CGC to have any kind of quality control in the slightest...and instead have seen/heard several cases of them covering up/hiding/not owning up for their mistakes in the past...even going so far as to remove complaints posted by customers who had legitimate beefs and were attempting warn other people...sooooo they don't have the best track record of "being honest" either IMO...

Then the right thing that should have been done is.

If you come to an impasse and nothing gets resolved you hire an attorney and let the facts do the talking.

I'm not sure that an attorney would advocate "I'll destroy them" type of posts on Instagram.