• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

He buys a lot of books and sells a lot of books. He has very quickly become one of the larger buyers in the New York area.

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

LOL,  I thought Metro and I were one of the larger buyers in NY.  

Let's see... hm... who have I bought from in the last month... 

• Bob Storms - Yes
  • Metro - Yes
  • Greg Reece - Yes
  • Comiclink auctions - Yes
  • eBay - Yes
  • MyComicshop - Yes
  • CGC Board Members - Yes
  • Dylan...... who? 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Let's see... hm... who have I bought from in the last month... 

• Bob Storms - Yes
  • Metro - Yes
  • Greg Reece - Yes
  • Comiclink auctions - Yes
  • eBay - Yes
  • MyComicshop - Yes
  • CGC Board Members - Yes
  • Dylan...... who? 

You may have bought books from these guys...but who do you love, baby?

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

You may have bought books from these guys...but who do you love, baby?

^^

You the only guy other than the CGC graders that gets to hold my books !

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, joeypost said:

They deal in big books. Aside from the books, both are very good people. 

I can see that!

I follow Danielle on IG and she interacts with everyone, she is really a class act and class acts generally attract other class acts...hopefully one day I'll be at the level to buy something off them.

I've been blessed since I started collecting never to have been taken advantage of and it's good to know there are people like them around whose rep travels throughout the collecting world

And sadly on the flipside people like Dylan...but this forum has really been a fountain of knowledge

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I can see that!

I follow Danielle on IG and she interacts with everyone, she is really a class act and class acts generally attract other class acts...hopefully one day I'll be at the level to buy something off them.

I've been blessed since I started collecting never to have been taken advantage of and it's good to know there are people like them around whose rep travels throughout the collecting world

And sadly on the flipside people like Dylan...but this forum has really been a fountain of knowledge

She’s also huge in the graded video game community. Been a good friend for over a decade. Danielle and Adam are damn good people.

36 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Fixed that for ya. 

If he disassembled these books (like he has stated regarding other books he pressed) this damage most likely occurred taking the staples off and then re-inserting them.

So you could actually be successful at pressing the book but still end up with significant damage...very interesting.  hm

49 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

If true, karma. The fact he’s calling for his brothers in arms (comic book community) to rally to his aid and bombard CGC reps with disgust over his “misfortune” is comical. He was screwing over those very people just weeks prior...

(tsk)

54 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Maybe I’m misinterpreting, but does that mean he bought his own book? Or someone bought it — fully knowing the grade was wrong — and then returned it?

I don’t know but either way, he still can’t grade.

Its definitely the same copy.

Edited by DocHoppus182
Forgot a thought

Things I have seen before... 

One of the more interesting moves I have seen over the years is when people have taken a book that was detached, and slightly tear the spine in a way so that the fragment can be tucked under the staples or tuck the piece of the cover that became detached back under the staple.  Now the cover is quite literally hanging on by a thread.   The cover is still attached which will increase the grade. However, if could become detached in transit if the box is shaken. 

Not saying that is going on here... but I've heard stories of someone who suggested that was possible.  I equated it to the same thing as scuffing the CT off the cover... or tearing up an edge to eliminate a trim job. 

Edited by Buzzetta

32 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I can see that!

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

And or Friday!!!!

AND OR WHATEVER DAY THIS IS!!!!

:tink:

Screenshot_20200909-192258_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Most folks may not realize this, but when something of this nature happens it immediately impacts the CGC process. And if one part of the process is affected, it can cause problems in other areas. 

So bravo, Dylan---thanks for nothing...  :golfclap:

Dang wish I hadn't made such a big deal in the shipper charges thread, but any thoughts you have you can post in that thread :wishluck: just give me something I can lean on lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM