• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Here we go everybody....proof beyond an absolute shadow of a doubt that he knew there was a loophole and premeditatedly used it!!!

You’re all welcome....

5B883E1F-1EDF-41AF-9BF5-D6680E119B8E.jpeg

Ok,  he has me at "Wait".  What are we waiting for?  Another excuse,  A recap?  A statement retraction?  

21 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

If I were an owner of a grading company I am not sure how one should technically deal with cheaters.    And this is not just directed at Dylan.

I really have to question the submitter that is trying to get something by a grading company.  

Yes it is their job to catch all the restoration that may have been done to the book but does it somehow make you the submitter feel proud if they missed something you knew was there or if you did it in order to get a blue label?

Leave pressing out of this.  I'm talking about reattaching a cover,  or if you know the book is restored and CGC misses it.  

Does it make you feel good that maybe down the line that cover pops and the person owning that book gets $$$$ed?

Does it make you feel good about yourself that maybe the next person who cracks that book out and resubmits gets hosed with a purple label if they catch it?

It is one thing to not know something was restored,  it is another to pat yourself on the back if you got something by them.

It makes them feel good they are getting the most money they possibly can anyway they can get it. Some people give zero thought to the moral implications of what they are doing. Dylan certainly isn't unique in that regards. 

22 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Leave pressing out of this.

Why? Do sellers feel bad if a book reverts after grading or sale?

27 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Does it make you feel good that maybe down the line that cover pops and the person owning that book gets $$$$ed?

lol Probably not the most effective censoring characters in this context. That's what :censored: is for!

10 minutes ago, kav said:

Is making a mistake considered a 'loophole' now?  
Like if a vending machine is broken and you can get free stuff is that a 'loophole' and therefore ok?
If a cashier gives you a $50 in change instead of a $10-loophole?

Doing it once is a mistake. Doing it regularly is not.

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Now that was just pandering... 

a7fe318404876a446c9b93b76ccd5a1e.gif

No I got 'im!  It was carefully orchestrated.

i just read this entire thread.  dylan should provide more information and evidence.  i don't think cgc damaged the books.  i did have a batch of books get damaged in the corner and CGC ended up compensating with grading credit.  i took pics of the front, back and centerfold of every book i submitted.  so cgc does make mistakes.  also, i dropped these off directly to CGC at a show, so there wasn't a possibility of shipping damage.

my takeaways.

1.  take clear pictures of books before you ship them to cgc or a presser.

2.  your reputation will always follow you.  he may get more benefit of the doubt from CGC, but his questionable actions in the past do not help his cause.

3.  if possible, drop off books to CGC at a show.  i know with the pandemic and lack of shows this is impossible, but there are some great videos on youtube showing how to pack books for shipping.  

4.  pitchfork approach rarely works.  

Same here, just finished reading this entire thread and the IG posts that people posted.

Yeah he is a scumbag and knew exactly what he was doing. Typical scammer, trying to take advantage of the system and pretend how it is someone else's fault. Funny how he doesn't have clear before and after pictures of a five figure book. The blurry bottom spine pic of the book is all that he's got? 😆 

I've also taken a look at his ebay feedback and boy, he seems to be a terrible grader and would block the buyers who disagreed with his grading, kinda like how he blocks IG comments if they don't fit his narrative.

Someone on IG asked who pressed the book, and he is being so secretive about it. It obviously points to him, he messed it up.

Nerdygirl made a good point about how he complained and how he wouldn't trust CGC handling his books after how Matt was flipping through the Supes 1 quickly "in which he so roughly handled" in the video and yet he continues to use CGC's services. If he was dissatisfied at how they handle books, why send your book to them?

Well, I certainly hope CGC bans him from submitting books to them or there will be more crazy fiasco. 

15 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

So Dylan is going on a tangent on IG this morning...is there anyone here who believes that CGC did anything wrong, we’ve seen this submitters practices over the last few months...it’s becoming a huge issue for our hobby.

“ dylanuniversecomics_ CGC accepted my two Amazing Fantasy 15s with fully-attached-covers for walk-through grading and damaged both of them by fully detaching the covers.  This resulted in a decline in value of about $60k, according to the CGC labels I packaged these very carefully and paid over $2k  to grade because of insurance, where CGC now refuses to pay.. They've said that my irrefutable "before" pictures are not "convincing."

They detached both staples of both books and I'm very upset. I work very hard to make a living and I'm not gonna let a corporation steal from me.

I think this picture is pretty darn convincing..We all saw Matt Nelson's  video in which he so roughly handled that Superman #1. Of course, if you handle a book like a telephone book the covers could detach.

Many of us know of other horror stories of CGC of damaging books and not taking any responsibility.

Please share this everywhere, and call them and tell them this is not ok. Ask to speak to Matt, Harshen, or Brittany. Leave messages. Use #67.

Their # is 1-877-NM-COMIC

Because if my $60k doesn't get paid back,  they won't pay you when they damage your comics that are $600, $6,000, or $600,000.

If I don't get restitution, we as a comic book community #igcomicfam say it is OK for CGC to damage our comic books and not pay us. Let them know that it's not OK!. 

Think carefully about sending books to CGC unless you have an A+ lawyer ready because you will have to fight like hell to get paid when your precious books get damaged.. 

Imagine how much harder my fight would be if I did not have photos of before-grading.

Spread this like wildfire because your comics are at stake here, too. 

The world is watching...

-Dylan “

556901C1-F7CB-43DB-AEA8-818AC07E5B5C.png

Does this happen a lot?