• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

Just now, blazingbob said:

Actually trimming/non-disclosure versus not disclosing in your description of a mislabeled CGC book for sale is not what I would call similar.  

In a literal sense, sure, but the ultimate intent would seem to be the same - to knowingly and intentionally deceive others for personal gain.  

34 minutes ago, RCheli said:

Again, I'm not defending the guy, but he has a significant dollar presence at local shows. I have never bought anything from him, but I've sold to him on numerous occassions.

Never seen it.   

As I stated in the last thread when he was messing around, I reached out to a few people who I regularly make the rounds with at NY shows.  Even showing his picture from that thread, they have no idea who this guy is. 

Now, we all know who this guy is but not for having a significant dollar presence at local shows. 

He was not memorable to any of us. 

2 hours ago, DontForgetAboutUs said:

Hey, first time posting on the forums.

Seeing whole lot of back/forth on IG in regards to this mess. 

Going to attach some interesting photos, including 1 of the 2 alleged damaged CGC AF15s he sent me on IG.

Here's my problems with this guy.
1) Claims to have two books, only shows me one
2) Clearly a blue label, not purple restoration as he promoted in his comment section.
3) Label # 3700325002 doesn't match the book at all, shows a Star Wars comic. Any other formation of said numbers doesn't show an AF15.

So. Personally, it's not worth investing time into this guy and hope these images help.

IMG_20200909_182608_446.jpg

IMG_20200910_085554_315.jpg

Screenshot_20200910-085638.png

Screenshot_20200910-092320.png

Screenshot_20200910-084819.png

Hope this proof doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the Dylan madness. Lol

I've shipped thousands of comics and consider myself pretty good at packing. There have been several instances where a book left here fully attached and arrived with a staple detached. I would imagine that would be where this sort of damage occurs ... during shipping. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

New video posted to IG

Glad he cleared things up :insane:

Is no one else going to mention how many times he kept saying trimming is not restoration and yet here in his video he specifically says additive restoration includes things like a trim? :facepalm:

14 hours ago, blazingbob said:

If I were an owner of a grading company I am not sure how one should technically deal with cheaters.    And this is not just directed at Dylan.

I really have to question the submitter that is trying to get something by a grading company.  

Yes it is their job to catch all the restoration that may have been done to the book but does it somehow make you the submitter feel proud if they missed something you knew was there or if you did it in order to get a blue label?

Leave pressing out of this.  I'm talking about reattaching a cover,  or if you know the book is restored and CGC misses it.  

Does it make you feel good that maybe down the line that cover pops and the person owning that book gets $$$$ed?

Does it make you feel good about yourself that maybe the next person who cracks that book out and resubmits gets hosed with a purple label if they catch it?

It is one thing to not know something was restored,  it is another to pat yourself on the back if you got something by them.

This reminds me of the guys who work in the treasury department talking about counterfeiting - and how the best counterfeiters were more in it for the "game" of getting one over or fooling someone.

They love the idea their 'work' being indistinguishable from an original. Of course they pat themselves of the back. They don't give a (bleep) about whomever it affects down the line.

It's classic sociopathic behavior.

As for how to deal with cheaters... how did CGC deal with Jason Ewert?

Is Dylan at that level? I have no idea. Is he harming their brand? Maybe.

I'm sure someone at CGC has considered the possibility of not doing business with Dylan moving forward.

Neither Dylan nor CGC are looking terrific here for different reasons (Dylan for exploiting a loophole for financial gain, and CGC for not publicly, firmly, transparently tamping it down). And now we get this clusterbleep.

I understand CGC wanting to keep business practices close to the vest. But some transparency would go a long way when things turn up that shake consumer confidence, whether it be in regard to grading, restoration, pressing, shipping, customer service, etc.